Christiana Care Health System, with hospitals located in Wilmington and Newark, DE; a free standing emergency department in Middletown, DE; as well as additional patient care facilities is one of the largest health care providers in the Mid-Atlantic Region. We are named one of “America’s Best Hospitals” (and #3 among 96 hospitals in the Philadelphia region) by U.S. News & World Report. Truven Health Analytics- 100 Top Hospitals in the U.S. and is the only major teaching hospital in the nation to win the Everest Award consecutively in 2015, 2016 and 2017. We have an excess of 1,100 beds between our two hospitals and are committed to providing the best patient care in the region.
We are currently seeking to add a Director of Public Safety to join our exceptional team. As a Director of Public Safety you will lead all activities related to security and protection of patients, visitors, employees, physicians and property. Provide value by routinely working to improve operational, financial and strategic performance of the department.
The successful candidate will:
- Plan, design and manage the Security, Dispatch Center, Emergency Department EMTs and Parking enforcement operations.
- Identify and implement practices and technology that enhances Public Safety operations.
- Develop and implement training programs and education to maintain competency and proficiencies of Public Safety staff.
- Oversee management of security technology systems including ID/card access, CCTV, panic alarm and infant security.
- Develop departmental and Christiana Care policies and directives related to Safety, Security and Workplace Violence.
- Establish goals with a plan of action for accomplishment, including clearly stated desired results, in conjunction with the Vice President of Facilities and Services.
- Coordinate law enforcement activities with local authorities, outside law enforcement and Department of Corrections agencies.
- Develop and apply innovative approaches to managerial problem solving, staff engagement and develops department goals.
- Provide direct supervision and leadership to Lieutenants, Dispatch Supervisor, Security System Administrator, Administrative Assistant and Clerk VI.
Christiana Care offers a competitive base salary, annual incentive bonus, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, 403B with match, defined contribution plan and generous paid time off.
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.