PeaceHealth is seeking a Physician - Hospice based in the Bellingham, WA community.
Whatcom Hospice is a division of PeaceHealth, and is also generously supported by the Whatcom Hospice Foundation. It currently consists of a community program serving 100+ patients, with a beautiful 12 bed inpatient facility.
- Will work collaboratively with the Medical Director overseeing the hospice care for each patient.
- Will engage with an exceptional specialized multidisciplinary team serving patients with prolonged or terminal illness.
- The hospice physician will conduct home and face to face visits, provide expert symptom management, help maintain a quality assessment and performance improvement program, and participate in an on-call schedule.
- This position may also provide outpatient palliative care consultations, as our program continues to grow.
- The facility is staffed 24 hours/7 days a week by two ARNPs.
- Call is shared with the Medical Director (usually via phone). This position is eligible for call pay.
We offer: competitive compensation with great benefits including: health, vision, and dental coverage, retirement plans, paid time off, a generous sign-on bonus, CME reimbursement, relocation assistance, and fully paid malpractice insurance. Education loan reimbursement to qualified candidates. In addition, Washington State has no state income tax.
- Washington State Physician license or ability to obtain
- BC Family Medicine or Internal Medicine
- BC/BE-Hospice and Palliative Medicine; or willing to be credentialed through the Hospice Medical Director Certification program. (Link to Hospice Medical Director Certification program: http://www.hmdcb.org )
CLICK HERE TO APPLY!!
If interested, please contact Karla Lacktorin.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, WA, is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and ten medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship – the spirit of health.
To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Bellingham, WA community, along with our benefits offered, please visit our homepage www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn!
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.