Working under the general direction of the Vice President, Center for Health Policy and Research, this individual will be responsible for conducting quantitative research on assigned projects to fulfill research needs and support AHIP health policy development. This position requires strong quantitative methods and data analysis skills. The position analyzes health care data sets (primary and secondary data), helps develop study proposals, identifies and applies appropriate quantitative analytic methods, conducts and validates analyses, assists in writing reports and issue briefs and contributes to manuscripts. Opportunity to occasionally work on qualitative research projects, as the need arises.
- With direction from supervisor, develops research study proposals, which include: a review of the literature; statement of the problem; formulation of the research question(s); and development of the study design and analytical approach.
- Takes the lead in writing and executing SAS programs to implement agreed upon research design and methodology
- Manages and resolves methodological, SAS coding, and data management issues that arise during project implementation
- Reviews data runs, suggests and pursues additional analyses as appropriate and provides overall quality assurance.
- Produces agreed upon written research reports, issue briefs, and assists with preparation of manuscripts for publication, when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned
- Solid understanding of observational research methods
- Intermediate-to-Advanced SAS programming skills;
- Familiarity with the US healthcare system, and the health insurance industry
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal skills are needed as well as ability to work independently, use good judgment, meet tight deadlines, and work in a cooperative team environment.
Physical Work Activities & Conditions:
- Employment sponsorship is not offered for this position.
- Continuous sitting for prolonged periods more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8- hour day.
- Keyboard use of greater or equal to 50 % of the workday.
Percent of Travel: Less than 10%.
The purpose of a job description is to describe the overall function and general responsibilities of a job. Job descriptions are used in hiring and training and to provide employees with a better understanding of employer expectations. Actual job functions and duties will vary as job responsibilities and business needs require.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, disability, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or status as a protected veteran
* * *
Interested candidates must send resume, references and a cover letter that includes salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
America's Health Insurance Plans (AHIP)
ATTN: HR Dept/CPRSRA
601 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
South Building, Suite 500
Washington, DC 20004