| VA Boston Healthcare is recruiting for a full time Electrophysiology Cardiologist available immediately. Qualified candidates must have experience in the performance of complex EP procedures including AF and VT ablations, cryoablation, and cardiac rhythm device management including lead extractions; experience with Watchman left atrial appendage closure device preferred. The position requires general cardiology skills for an expectation of performing general cardiology consultations and for managing patients on the general cardiology ward and CCU service. The Cardiac Arrhythmia Service located at the West Roxbury VA Medical Center serves as the major tertiary referral center providing comprehensive arrhythmia care for the Veterans Integrated Service Network of New England. The Cardiology Section serves as a major teaching hospital for cardiology fellows affiliated with Harvard Medical School (Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital) and Boston University School of Medicine (Boston Medical Center). The Cardiac Arrhythmia Service supports a full time EP fellowship position from the Brigham and Women's Hospital. Commensurate affiliation at Harvard Medical School at an appropriate rank is expected. Inquiries from physicians with solid skills in the full spectrum of EP/pacing and defibrillation procedures, and a successful track record in clinical care, teaching and/or research are especially encouraged"|
WORK SCHEDULE:Full Time
- Travel and relocation expenses are not authorized.
- Selectee may be required to work at any Boston Healthcare System campus, as needed.
- The incumbent will be required to travel to other VA campuses and CBOC's.
- Candidates who meet the qualification requirements within 15 calendar days following the closing date of the announcement will be considered.
- This position is in the Excepted Service.
- Applicant's education, length of practice, will be considered by a compensation panel in determining the salary of the applicant selected.
- Drug Testing Position: Applicants tentatively selected for VA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with VA. Applicants will not be appointed to the position if a verified positive drug test result is received.
- Current and former Federal employees must submit copies of their most recent SF-50 (Notice of Personnel Action). The SF-50 must identify the position title, series, grade, step, tenure and type of service (Competitive or Excepted). In some cases, more than one SF-50 may be required to show a higher grade previously held.
- Selectee will be required to complete additional forms to proceed with employment process.
- U.S. citizenship
- Must possess MD or equivalent
- Current, Full Unrestricted license to practice in a US State or Territory
Candidates must be capable of interactions with patients and health care personnel in a caring and professional manner. The candidate must be able to tolerate physically taxing workloads, to function effectively under stress, to adapt to changing environments, and to display flexibility.
The Department of Veteran Affairs must provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriateAll applicants are required to submit the following supporting document type(s):
Applicants may also submit the following supporting document type(s),which may not be required for all applicants:
*Other Veterans Document
Please use this checklist to ensure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, or ICTAP/CTAP documentation (for displaced Federal employees). You will not be contacted for additional information.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section provided and provide a legible copy of your DD214(s) and/or documentation related to your active duty service which shows dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation. Additionally, disabled veterans and others eligible for 10-point preference (such as widows or mothers of eligible Veterans) must also submit an SF-15 "Application for 10 Point Veterans Preference" with required proof as stated on the form. For more information, please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents: You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options. The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is 1956956.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.