ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT III - JOHN SENGESTACKE HEALTH CENTER
Job Number: 00120180
Job Posting: May 15, 2017, 12:51:02 PM
Closing Date: May 30, 2017, 12:59:00 AM Full-time Shift Start Time: 9:00 A.M. Shift End Time: 5:00 P.M.
Collective Bargaining Unit: RWDSU Local 200 Admin Assistants BHS Posting Salary: $24.558 HOURLY
Organization: Health and Hospital Systems
John Sengestacke Health Center
500 East 51st Street
Chicago, IL 60615
The Administrative Assistant III will serve a pivotal role providing staff support to both primarily the Health Center and the Department Leadership Team, and provide support on a daily basis for Patient Satisfaction initiatives. This position will perform the following on a daily basis: schedule and organize meetings, conferences and presentations; manage calendars; act as receptionist; address departmental communication by responding to inquiries via email and phone; prepare simple correspondence; update budgets and review expense reports; maintain inventory; update and maintain department records; assist with on-boarding new personnel; monitor the credentialing process; liaise with other departments and personnel; and performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Maintains documents related to compliance with legal and regulatory bodies and the operation of the department.
- Distributes copies of current and updated policies procedures, protocols, inter-agency agreements and directives to all departmental services.
- Orients new hires to time and attendance requirements and departmental expectations.
- Assists in planning and maintaining the department budget and staffing.
- Prepares documents related to the hiring process, including Requests to Hire, and candidate packets.
- Completes purchase requisitions and any other documents needed for equipment and reimbursements.
- Adheres to the Cook County Health & Hospitals System (CCHHS) and departmental confidentiality policies related to patient care and sensitive activities, including personnel related actions.
- Determines priority of work as assigned and completes assignments by intended target dates.
- Completes clerical duties including answering the telephone, responding to correspondence, sorting and distributing the mail, filing, typing, and other clerical responsibilities as assigned.
- Performs payroll functions for department, including the completion of payroll correction forms and maintenance of leave documents; monitors time and attendance.
- Maintains a database to monitor time and attendance, including tardiness, dock time, FMLA use and missing punches for every department employee and contractor.
- Submits requests for the repair and maintenance of office equipment for the department; maintains a par stock of supplies for the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED is required (must provide proof at time of interview)
Three (3) years of prior experience providing administrative support to a department or member of management is required
- One (1) year of experience with one or more of the following activities: scheduling events with multiple participants, timekeeping, updating records and reports, experience responding to basic email communications is required
- Intermediate experience in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is required. (May be required to pass a proficiency test.)
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of departmental and hospital policies/procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of staff and a patient population composed of diverse cultures and age groups
- Strong customer service and empathy skills
- Demonstrates good computer and typing skills
- Demonstrate good phone and email etiquette skills with strong response times
- Demonstrate analytical and organizational, problem-solving, critical thinking, and conflict management/resolut ion skills
- Demonstrate attention to detail, accuracy and precision
- Ability to prioritize, plan, and organize projects and tasks
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast paced and stressful environment
- Ability to adhere to department policies and standards utilizing best practices
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and composure when challenged
- Ability to function autonomously and as a team member in a multidisciplinary team
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospital System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To Take advantage of the preference a Veteran must:
- Meet minimum qualifications for the position
- Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering "Yes" to the question, "Are you a Military Veteran?"
- Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215, or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation) at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD 214's, DD 215's, or NGB 22's, please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department or Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11). Discharge papers must list an Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Deferred Compensation Program
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
*Degrees awarded outside the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
*Please note all offers of Employment are contingent upon the following conditions: satisfactory professional & employment references, healthcare and criminal background checks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successful completion of a physical and pre-employment drug screen.
*CCHHS is strictly prohibited from conditioning, basing or knowingly prejudicing or affecting any term or aspect of County employment or hiring upon or because of any political reason or factor.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.