As part of Overton Brooks VAMC hematology/oncology team, the candidate is expected to collaborate with surgical specialties, radiation oncologists, pathologists, radiologists, pharmacists, nursing staff, social workers, and psychologists to develop a plan tailored to the individual patient to achieve the best possible outcome.
Duties will include clinical inpatient and outpatient practice, use of electronic medical records for medical documentation, collaboration with midlevel provider(s) and nursing staff, and teaching Hematology/Oncology (Hem/Onc) fellows, residents and medical students. It is of utmost importance that the candidate be computer literate as the VA relies solely on electronic medical records for all aspects of patient care.
The candidate shall cooperate with, and participate in, medical duties or functions related to quality of care and peer review along with improvement/performance improvement activities at the direction of the Chief of Medical Service and Chief of Hematology/Oncology Section.
Applicantmust qualify for an academicappointment with LSU Health Center, Shreveport.
Preferred experience: Either ABIM/ABMS in Medical Oncology and Hematology
Functional Statement Title/#: Staff Physician (Hematology/Oncology)
Work Schedule: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m..,Monday through Friday, may be required to work unscheduled hours in case of an emergency or when on call.
In order to qualify for this position you must meet the following:
* Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
* Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine.
* Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
* BLS and ACLS are required.
Preferred Experience/Certifications: EitherABIM/ABMS in Oncology and Hematology.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements: Moderate Lifting (15-44 lbs); Moderate Carrying (15-44 lbs); Straight Pulling (up to 2-3 hours); Pushing (up to 2-3 hours); Reaching above shoulder; Walking (up to 2-3 hours); Standing (up to 6-8 hours); Kneeling (up to 2-3 hours); Repeated bending (up to 4-6 hours); Ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously; Near vision correctable; Far vision correctable; Depth perception; Ability to distinguish basic colors; Hearing (aid permitted).
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section provided and provide a legible copy of your DD-214(s), SF-15 (as applicable) and/or documentation related to your active duty service which shows dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation. For more information, please review the information for disabled Veterans in the application checklist or visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
All applicants are required to submit the following supporting document type(s):
Applicants may also submit the following supporting document type(s),which may not be required for all applicants:
*Other Veterans Document
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents:
You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203FX -Occupational Questionnaire Form) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.
If you completed the occupational questionnaire online and are unable to upload supporting document(s):
1. To fax your documents, you must use the following cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf and provide the required information. The Vacancy ID is 1946218
2. Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144.
If you are unable to apply online by 11:59 PM (EST) on Friday, September 29, 2017, please contact the point of contact listed in the announcement.
To complete the occupational questionnaire and submit via fax:
1. Click the following link to view and print the occupational questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire.
2. Print the 1203FX form, follow the instructions and provide your responses to the occupational questionnaire itemshttp://www.opm.gov/forms/pdfimage/opm1203fx.pdf.
3. Fax the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documents to 1-478-757-3144. Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.