Providence is calling a Staff Registered Nurse to the Intensive Care Unit at Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, Alaska.
Critical care nurses are some of the most in demand nurses in the field. That's because not everyone can handle life and death situations with the compassion and accuracy required of this specialty area. No one recognizes this more than the critical care team at Providence Alaska Medical Center. Offering multi-dimensional care with 20-ICU beds, 9-Cardiovascular ICU beds, 8-Cardiothoracic ICU beds, and an Electronic ICU, we invite you to stand alongside an elite team supporting the largest trauma hospital in Alaska. We serve a diverse patient population in a hi-tech environment to include intra-aortic balloon pumps, CRRT, and VADs. Known for high quality care in areas such as heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and infection prevention, you will have the resources to become well versed in all areas of critical care.
This posting is not a specific job vacancy. This posting serves to establish interested candidates for current or future opportunities for Staff Registered Nurse positions in the ICU at Providence Alaska Medical Center.
In this position you will:
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate patient's care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes.
- Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve.
- Foster a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students.
- Align practice with safety and quality. Be accountable for safety, identify and correct problems.
- Engage in ongoing professional development; promote a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence based practice.
- Lead and coordinate teams, delegate, coordinate care and collaborate with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma upon hire
- All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Nursing must obtain a Bachelor's degree in Nursing or higher within 3 years of hire
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Active Alaska state RN license
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider card from one of the following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA), American Red Cross (ARC), or Military Training Network (MTN) upon hire
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification upon hire
- Twelve (12) months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency located at that facility.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelors of Nursing degree (BSN)
- Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) certification
- One (1) year of experience as an RN in a Critical Care environment
About the Critical Care Unit
The Critical Care Unit is a specialized unit with 37 beds between ICU, CICU, and CTICU. We hold a high standard of care and are on the road to Magnet status. In December 2014, we received a "Top Performer on Key Quality Measures' recognition, from The Joint Commission. Additionally, we are a self-governing unit, including self-scheduling, shared governance, and patient-centered care.
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Critical Care Nursing
Req ID: 154072