Providence is calling an Application Analyst III - Cardiology to Providence Health & Services in Portland, OR or Burbank CA, OR Torrance CA, OR Missoula MT, OR Anchorage AK OR Renton WA.
We are seeking an Application Analyst III to use a wide application of complex principles, theories, and concepts in the specific field, plus may have working knowledge or other related disciplines and provide solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Leads medium to large internal project work teams developing project plans and work plans. Analyzes and evaluates existing or proposed systems and devices or modifies procedures to process data and solve problems. Review schedules, cost and documentation to ensure success of projects. Mentors and assists others in support of applications, projects and goals. Typically deals with users to determine appropriate requirements of complex systems.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Actively supports and incorporates the mission and core values into daily activities. Treats all others with respect and demonstrates excellence, justice and compassion in daily work and relationships with others. Demonstrates an understanding of complex customer needs and business processes.
- Uses in-depth information and analysis to provide management with advice and counsel on a variety of business issues. Issues are often highly technical and complex in nature.
- Defines user requirements for complex systems.
- Performs highly complex qualitative and/or quantitative analyses.
- Leads project teams as needed.
- Identifies and creates standards and processes to support the application portfolio management.
- Develops and application lifecycle, and oversees a large portfolio of applications in cooperation with analysts, project managers, and strategic partners.
- Manages upgrades for complex systems
- Develops, facilitates and reports test plans for application patches, upgrades and infrastructure configuration changes.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelors (BA or BS) degree or equivalent blend of education and experience.
- 7years functional experience.
- Competent in supporting the technical, operational, and application needs for a highly complex application or several moderately complex applications from end-to-end; Capable in technical or business side skills and highly knowledgeable in the alternate side. Also is competent in all requirements for the Applications Analyst position.
- Skilled trainer of technical teams including analysts, command support center staff and service desk staff on trouble shooting processes, monitoring and triage.
- Ability to utilize monitoring tools to evaluate general health of applications from end to end.
- Skilled in technical documentation of application system installations, diagnostic support, triage and complex system flows.
- Skilled development of multifaceted testing plans and processes for complex systems.
- Knowledgeable in technical field.
- Knowledgeable of intricate application interface processes, tools and monitoring systems.
- Knowledgeable of technical infrastructures, hardware and network environments.
- Proficient in Microsoft office products
- Demonstrates ability to work independently
- Demonstrates complex problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Pro-actively identifies ways to enhance or improve programs, processes and systems.
- Demonstrates skills in working collaboratively, courteously and tactfully with difficult situations and/or people to identify issues and solve problems.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information related to patients, medical staff, employees, and as appropriate other information.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Post graduate studies in a related field.
- 8 years Healthcare IS experience.
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Information Technology
Other Location(s): Washington-Renton, Montana-Missoula, Alaska-Anchorage, California-Burbank, California-Torrance
Req ID: 152658