Providence is calling a Medical Technologist to the Laboratory Department at Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center in Kodiak, AK.
Are you looking for a great work/life balance? How about the opportunity to venture out into the wilderness to hike, fish, hunt and just take in some scenic views of Kodiak Island, also known as "Emerald Isle" for its breathtaking vibrant landscape? Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center is the perfect destination for you! Rated #1 in the Providence System for patient satisfaction, PKIMC works closely with the interdisciplinary team to assure quality treatment and outcomes for the community we serve. And our caregivers (employees) enjoy being part of a team that works and lives with purpose while receiving ongoing training on cutting edge skills and career growth opportunities that come with being part of one of the largest not for profit health systems in the United States.
The Medical Technologist (MT) will conduct clinical diagnostic testing on inpatients, outpatients, and residents of Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center.
In this position you will:
- Conduct quality control procedures on patient tests and laboratory equipment to ensure that accurate diagnostic testing is performed.
- Report patient data to the patient's medical record and/or medical staff if the results warrant direct contact.
- Perform high complexity tests that are authorized by the Director and require a degree of skill commensurate with the incumbents' education, training, experience, and technical abilities.
- Follow the Laboratory procedures for specimen collection, (i.e. phlebotomy, etc.) handling and processing, test analyses, reporting, and maintaining records of patient test results.
- Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency-testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens.
- Adhere to the laboratory's total quality management (TQM) policies, document all TQM activities, instrument and procedural calibrations, and maintenance performed.
- Follow the Laboratory's established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the Laboratory's established acceptable levels of performance.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Completion of education equivalent to national certification as Medical Technologist from the American Society of Clinical Pathologists, MT (ASCP) or Clinical Laboratory Scientist (NCA.)
- National certification as Medical Technologist from the American Society of Clinical Pathologists, MT (ASCP) or as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) from ASCP.
- BLS or the ability to attain certification within 90 days of date of hire.
- Effective skills in management and leadership.
- Effective verbal and written skills.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Two (2) years of work experience in a clinical laboratory.
About Kodiak Island Medical Center
Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center (PKIMC) provides comprehensive health care to residents and visitors to Kodiak Island. This critical access hospital features 25 acute beds including 4 birthing suites and 2 ICU beds. Rated #1 in the Providence System for patient satisfaction, we work closely with the interdisciplinary team to assure quality treatment and outcomes for our patients. In addition, our Elder House has 19 long term care beds. With emphasis on evidence based practice our staff strives to create a quality health care experience for each patient- one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork. We proudly support the educational development of staff and provide onsite career development for staff members.
For more information on the ministry you will serve, please click on the following link: http://providence-kodiakhealthcare.jobs/
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Lab (Medical Technologist, Medical Lab Technologist)
Req ID: 152650