Providence is calling a Social Media Manager to Providence Health & Services at any PSJH location. Although the hired individual could sit at any PSJH location, one of the following locations would be preferred: Portland, OR, Torrance, CA, Burbank, CA, Santa Monica, CA, Irvine, CA or Renton, WA.
We are seeking a Social Media Manager to manage the voice of Providence Health & Services and its affiliates in the social community, ensuring alignment with the brand's organizational voice in partnership with the Senior Director, Social Media and Senior Manager, Social Media. This role crafts site promotions and online outreach campaigns in support of the organization's brand, Mission and Values.
The social media manager also leverages and connects earned and paid media activities to drive business impact in a results-driven manner, increasing adoption and scale across the brand's social networks.
In this position you will :
- Follow a comprehensive content plan to create, distribute, engage and promote across multiple channels
- Manage social media campaigns and day-to-day activities. Duties include working with key stakeholders to identify needs
- Focus on our customers and how they engage with Providence across social platforms – always representing their voice and designing for their needs.
- Create, distribute, promote, and analyze all channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, YouTube, Pinterest, etc
- Act as the guiding voice of the brand on social media
- Strategize tactics to foster communication and engagement and facilitate two-way communication with the audience
- Design, write, edit and proofread copy with a consistent voice across all social channels in conjunction with content team
- Organize, run, and fulfill social media promotions and contests
- Stay up to date with industry news and share links via social media sites and blog posts.
- Work cooperatively with key team members, clients and vendors.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in communication or related field is required
- 3-5 years' experience managing online content and social engagements for high traffic websites
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc.) and how they can be deployed in different scenarios
- Advanced knowledge of social platform editors and protocols (e.g. hashtags, direct messaging and repinning)
- Ability to manage multiple social engagements and conversations in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Project, Power Point)
- Proficient in social media analytics and KPIs
- Passionate for social media and engaging with an online community on a daily basis.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master's preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Marketing / PR / Communications
Other Location(s): California-Irvine, Oregon-Portland, California-Torrance, California-Burbank, California-Santa Monica
Req ID: 153461