Providence is calling an Employee Health Services RN to Providence Health & Services in Mission Hills, CA.
We are seeking an Employee Health Services RN to be responsible for providing clinical employee health services. This position also supports administration of the database, maintaining complete and accurate employee health records. The EHS RN ensures compliance with state and federal requirements and PHS policies and clinical responsibilities. Participates as an integral team member, collaborating with various departments and colleagues, including Injury Prevention, Injury Management, and Wellness, to advocate for employee health and safety. Coordinates and/or assists with the development and implementation of EH initiatives and programs. The EHS RN functions within a shared services environment, requiring the flexibility to support and possibly travel to their various ministries. Performs all duties in a manner that promotes Providence mission, values, and philosophy. In all aspects, serves as a role model for the values and mission of the organization and promotion of integration of services with a culture of safety, wellness and injury prevention.
In this position you will:
- Provide leadership to meet department goals and objectives.
- Possibly manage schedule to ensure adequate coverage as delegated.
- Manage supplies to assure adequate inventory.
- Assess and triages health concerns for employees who present at or call EHS to ensure appropriate care.
- Provide first aid when needed within the RN scope of practice.
- Stay current on regulatory requirements and assures compliance with federal and state. regulations and accrediting bodies—e.g., OSHA, TJC.
- Monitor and respond to employee health concerns.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Minimum of three years' RN experience.
- Experience with computer databases and MS Office software.
- Current RN license for state employed.
- BLS/CPR Certification
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
- Occupational health experience.
- Experience in project management and facilitation.
- Certified Occupational Health Nurse.
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Employee Health Nursing
Location: California-Mission Hills
Req ID: 150091