Providence is calling a full time, day shift Clinical Research Associate I to Providence John Wayne Cancer Institute, Santa Monica, CA.
In this position you will:
- Functionunder the supervision of the Director of Clinical Research, coordinating andmaintaining diverse activities related to clinical trials across the Californiaregion.
- Be responsible for patient screening, eligibility,registration, quality control of data compilation and submission, studyevaluation, as well as direct patient follow-up by phone.
- Interact closelywith institutional investigators, industry sponsors, and the cooperative groupoperations office.
- Collaborate with the Clinical Research Nurses throughoutstudy completion.
- Uphold the standards of confidentiality, attendance andpunctuality. Perform all duties in amanner, which promotes team concept and reflects the Sisters of Providencemission and philosophy.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor'sdegree or equivalent experience
- CPRCurrent BLS-HCP – Basic Life Support - for Healthcare Providers - AmericanHeart Association ( AHA ) or American Red Cross ( ARC ) - CPR / AED for ProfessionalRescuer accepted on hire until card expiration date.
- Two years research or clinical research data entry experience required; Specifically in medical terminology, tumor registry, or clinical research.
- Thoroughknowledge and understanding of GCP and ICH regulations, clinical trialmonitoring, and regulatory compliance required.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Oncology experience
- ACRP / SOCRAcertification or other Clinical Research Certification
- Proficiencyin Microsoft Word, Internet, Excel, and e-mail are required. Experience withElectronic Data Capture ( InForm, Medidata Rave, etc. ) systems
About the hospital you will serve:
The John Wayne Cancer Institute at Providence Saint John's Health Center is a cancer research institute dedicated to the understanding and curing of cancer in order to eliminate patient suffering worldwide. The Institute's mission is accomplished by conducting innovative research focused on biological mechanisms to provide new understandings of the cause, diagnosis, control, and cure of cancer; training the next generation of surgical scientists who study and treat cancer; and researching unique experimental treatment services to rapidly develop and test new forms of diagnosis and therapy in order to improve the quality of life and expected survival of those afflicted with cancer.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Research
Location: California-Santa Monica
Req ID: 152401