Providence is calling a full time, day shift Surgical Tech Coordinator to Providence Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica, CA.
**This position will focus General, Gynecology & Urology.
In this position you will:
- Be a professional Scrub Technician with demonstrated perioperative clinical expertise and competence.
- Provide an 80% clinical and 20% administrative service for the operating room
- Assist the clinical staff in case preparation activities.
- Plan and coordinate intra-operative care for patients undergoing surgical intervention for a cluster of surgical specialties.
- Apply and interpret hospital policies and operating room practice guidelines
- Participate in inventory ordering and maintaining inventory control for a cluster of surgical specialties.
- Ensure the order, functionality, availability of OR supplies and equipment
- Establish an effective line of communication with the sales representative, surgeons, ancillary staff, visitors and hospital administration
- Participate in and collaborate with the Administrative Director,Surgical Services, in meeting the departments budgetary objectives
- Support the philosophy, objectives, and goals of hospital administration and its representatives
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduated from a school of Surgical Technology
- Current Basic Life Support ( BLS ) certification
- Clinically skilled in operating room technical role
- Experience with coordinating a cluster of surgical specialties
- Knowledge of operation of pneumatic and electrical equipment
- Familiarity with surgical instrumentation, anesthesia equipment and supplies
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Previous experience in a leadership role
- Prior experience in a staff position level
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica, California, is part of Providence Health & Services, an integrated, not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, medical clinics, home health services, affiliated services and educational facilities in the western United States. Founded in 1942, Providence Saint John's Health Center enjoys a reputation for clinical excellence across many disciplines.The 266-bed health center has a medical staff of more than 900 physicians, 1,800 employees and a host of volunteers who share a commitment to providing quality care for all.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Surgical Services
Location: California-Santa Monica
Req ID: 148206