Providence is calling a Licensed Vocational Nurse (Full Time / Day Shift) to our Providence Medical Institute Coordinated Care location in Torrance, CA.
In this position you will:
- Coordinates transition of care for high-risk patients from acute care hospital setting to ambulatory setting, providing care for patients with complex medical conditions.
- Performs wide variety of patient care activitiesand accommodative services for medical staff following established policies andprocedures.
Required qualifications for this positioninclude:
- Current LVN license.
- Current Basic Life Support(BLS) certification for Health Care Providers from the American HeartAssociation.
- IV Certification.
- One year of professionalexperience.
- Knowledge of the principles and skills needed for practical nursing toprovide patient care and treatment.
- Knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment roomprocedures.
- Ability to read, understand and respond to detailed oral and writteninstructions.
Aboutthe location you will serve:
& Services Southern California is further developing its physician
integration strategy. Historically, the largest asset has been Providence
Medical Institute, a medical foundation that provides administrative and other
support services to affiliated medical groups. Providence Medical Institute is
expected to grow significantly in the next several years, bringing with it
facilities, staff and physician growth to support that objective.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: LPN / LVN
Req ID: 144624