Providence is calling a Dietary Host Aid/ Weekend Lead (1.0 FTE, Rotating/Variable shift) to Providence Medford Medical Center in Medford, OR.
In this position you will:
- Ensure that food service staff are providing a high level of customer service for patients, family members, volunteers, physicians and staff in conjunction with department supervisory personnel.
- Work on the weekend as lead for all food/nutrition staff.
- Adhere to the Service Excellence Standards of Behavior guidelines at all times.
- Have comprehensive knowledge of, and be compliant with, specified regulatory requirements, and food safety and sanitation regulations for food service in a health care environment.
- Assist in monitoring the cleanliness and sanitation of area(s) of responsibility.
- Adhere to County/State Health department, hospital, and department standards, policies and procedures at all times.
- Train, coach, and communicate professionally and objectively in order to motivate and lead the team.
- Perform all duties in a manner which promotes and encourages a productive team environment.
Food Service Worker
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Oregon Department of Human Services Food Handlers Card prior to first day of work
- 2 to 4 years working in a high volume, full service restaurant or institutional food service facility
- Experience working successfully in a team environment to accomplish common goals
- Ability to read, speak and fully understand English in order to communicate and understand instructions, follow recipes and department standards
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- ServSafe certificate
- Years of diversified cooking experience which includes any combination of the following positions: line/grill/broiler cook, production cook, catering, soup or sauté cook
- Some knowledge of various cooking techniques and processes and the ability to apply these methods in a kitchen with heavy equipment constraints due to volume and capacity issues
- Experience working from scratch recipes as well as prepping and portioning items needed in the production process
- Experience using food production software (i.e. Computrition) and ability to take diet orders, print necessary reports and update recipes in the database
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Food Service
Req ID: 154048