Providence is calling a Certified Nursing Assistant 2/Health Unit Coordinator - Inpatient Pediatrics (1.0 FTE, Evenings) to Providence St. Vincent Medical Center in Portland, OR.
In this position, you will:
- Be the key person within the decentralized nursing unit and provide overall administrative and technical support in the operation of the unit.
- Collaborate with other staff and leaders in the development, oversight, and operation of the unit; and perform Certified Nursing Assistant 2 (CNA 2) patient care duties.
- Initiate and prioritize transcription of provider orders.
- Assemble and maintain patient charts, current forms and results/reports.
- Serve as the hub of all communication for the unit.
- Display professional interpersonal skills when communicating with patients, public and staff.
- Serve as front-line customer service representative.
- Be accountable for the efficient coordination of unit activities, including patient placement; working with other departments to coordinate patient care services; prioritizing and dissemination of information, in conjunction with Charge Nurse.
- Perform CNA 2 patient care duties under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Certified Nursing Assistant 2 (CNA2) certification through the Oregon State Board of Nursing
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- 1 year of experience performing secretarial duties in a healthcare environment -or-
- Equivalent Health Unit Coordinator or secretarial course work, along with a medical terminology course or experience
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 1 year of acute care hospital experience, ideally performing CNA and/or Health Unit Coordinator duties
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Certified Nursing Assistant
Req ID: 153915