Providence is calling a Phlebotomist (Variable Shift, .0 FTE) to Providence Mount Carmel Hospital in Colville, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Obtain patient blood samples by skin puncture, venipuncture and arterial puncture.
- Process specimens by using centrifugation, separation, delivery to department, prep for transfer to lab.
- Ensure cleanliness in the lab and maintain instruments.
- Maintain laboratory supplies by ordering, receiving and stocking them.
- Use a computer to register lab patients, order tests and input specimen data.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate in English
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Prior experience in a laboratory or related science environment
- Completion of Medical Assistant (MA) course or Phlebotomy course
- Computer experience
About the hospital you will serve.
Mount Carmel Hospital is a Critical Access hospital in Colville, WA serving a three county area in Northeast Washington. We are a progressive, full service hospital offering advanced medical and surgical care as well as specialty support and outpatient services.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Phlebotomist & Lab Support
Req ID: 152904