Providence is calling an Ultrasound Technologist to Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA.
We are seeking an Ultrasound Technologist to independently perform diagnostic ultrasound scans on neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients. He or she will perform procedures under the direction of a Radiologist.
In this position you will:
- Demonstrate age specific patient care considerations for the population served; interact with patients and families.
- Perform abdominal, obstetrical and gynecological Ultrasound examinations including small parts by producing appropriate images on adult, geriatric, adolescent, pediatric and neonatal patients.
- Assist Radiologist in performing surgical procedures
- Reconstruct and film exams in a timely manner to provide accurate avenues for diagnosis; prepare films for file room and/or hangs film on viewers for timely review by Radiologist
- Create and maintain records and documentation.
- Maintain proficiency and the operation of the RMS computer system to ensure timely procedure is performed and proper billing of patients occurs.
- Maintain supplies in examination rooms, monitor equipment operations and maintenance, and maintain order and cleanliness of work area.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Associate Degree of two (2) year technical program.
- Completions of an approved Ultrasound Technology Training Program.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and sterile technique
- Knowledge of Technical, Diagnostic and Emergency procedures and standards related to Imaging/Radiology.
- One specialty test (either Abdomen or Ob) must be taken within six (6) months of hire; the remaining specialty test (either abdomen or Ob) must be obtained within one (1) year of hire.
- Passing of ARDMS physics tests.
- Valid CPR card is required and must be obtained within two (2) weeks from date of hire.
- Basic computer skills including Windows & e-mail.
- Must be familiar with the imaging equipment used in area of expertise;
- Please note that if business requires it, this position will require you to work call and you may be scheduled for weekend work.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- ARDMS in Abdomen and OB
- Prior ultrasound experience
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA is the state's most award-winning hospital for medical care; having received the HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence four years in a row. Our new state-of-the-art 12 story hospital tower and the implementation of an electronic medical records system will significantly enhance our patient's experience throughout the continuum of care.
The hospital is located in Snohomish County on the Sound and close to the mountains, so outdoor activities such as snow skiing, kayaking, and golfing are at your doorstep. The communities in Snohomish have all the comforts and appeal of small towns, with historical districts, beautiful homes, interesting boutiques, and unique restaurants, yet the city life of Seattle and Bellevue are just 30 minutes south, while the cosmopolitan city of Vancouver, BC lies only 2 hours north.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Diagnostic Imaging
Req ID: 152980