Where you work matters\! Swedish Medical Center is looking for a full time Security Officer at Swedish Mill Creek in Mill Creek, WA\.
Promotes the mission of Swedish by providing a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors, staff, and property of Swedish Hospital Services\.
In this position you will:
- Conduct random patrols of Swedish Hospital Services property
- Communicate with public safety agencies, monitor alarm systems, and conduct emergency response drills\.
- Respond to emergency calls following appropriate procedures
- Engage in a wide variety of customer service activities involving direct contact with a variety of patients, visitors, and staff\.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school Diploma or GED
- Valid Washington State Driver's license
- Insurable driving record as determined by Swedish Hospital Services insurance provider
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Basic Security Officer Certification through International Association of Healthcare Security within 9 months of employment
- Certified CPR or completion within 30 days of hire
- Able to communicate clearly and efficiently
- Detail oriented, observant with the ability to control crowds and act with authority in security situations
About the Mill Creek Campus\.
Swedish/Mill Creek has 86,000 square feet of space on three above\-ground levels and a partial basement\. The E\.D\. – which is open and staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week – features 18 emergency exam rooms and six additional observation beds\. It shares the first floor with a complete diagnostic imaging center with X\-ray, mammography, ultrasound, CT scan and MRI, which is staffed by partners from Seattle Radiology\. A full laboratory and offices for primary\- and specialty\-care providers are on floors two and three\. Swedish/Mill Creek can immediately treat patients suffering from stroke to severe lacerations or burns, broken bones, sports injuries, allergic reactions, food poisoning, work\-related injuries and many other medical emergencies and non\-emergencies\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Security
Req ID: 154084