Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Sous Chef \(1\.0 FTE, Variable shift\) to work in the Cafeteria at Swedish Issaquah in Issaquah, WA\.
The Sous Chef functions in a supervisory capacity to plan, direct, and evaluate the production and presentation of food for patients, cafés and catering to ensure that the standards of safety, nutritional value, quality and performance are maintained\.
In this position you will:
- Under the direction of the Executive Chef is responsible for recipe, menu and concept development within established departmental guidelines
- Responsible for overseeing departmental receiving, and inventory management
- Ensures conformance with JCAHO, state and local regulations as well as compliance with all HACCP, department, medical center and SMC system policies and procedures
- This position has primary responsibility for the direction and development of culinary staff, assuring that food production employees are properly trained and supported in order to accomplish their job routines
- Performs and/or assists with all aspects of human resource management
- Under the supervision of the Executive Chef conducts ongoing culinary education in all applicable aspects of food and cooking
- Develops and evaluates staffing levels for current and forecasted needs
- Organizes food production staff in order to ensure a cost efficient operation
- The Sous Chef is a results\-oriented member of the Nutrition Services leadership team, a teacher, and a role model for professionalism
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Degree in Culinary Arts\. \[Certification of completion from an accredited culinary trade school \(2\-4 Year program\) or ACFEI apprenticeship program \(certificate, 4\-5 year program\)\.\] Culinary experience in a leadership, supervisory, or management role may be substituted for education requirement
- Current State of Washington Food Worker Permit
- Current ServSafe or other food safety or HACCP certification upon 90 days of hire
- Experience in culinary leadership or supervisory role in a large, high\-volume operation
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- BS/BA in Hotel/Restaurant Management or related field
About the Issaquah Campus\.
With advances in technology, an environmentally friendly design and new hospital infrastructure, the campus is designed to be different\. The new campus provides a broad range of inpatient and outpatient medical services including oncology, cardiac care, obstetrics, pediatric specialty care, emergency services, primary care and a host of other medical and surgical services and specialists\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Food Service
Req ID: 149005