Kadlec has anexciting opportunity for an CT/ X\-Ray Technician to join our growing Free Standing Emergency team\!
Shift Details: Per Diem\. Variable shifts\.
- Graduation from an accredited Radiologic Technology program or completion of an approved ARRT program required\.
- Current Washington State X\-Ray Technician or Radiologic Technologist Licensure required\.
- Registry eligible with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists \(ARRT\) and licensed in Radiology \(R\) within 3 months of hire date\.ARRT \(CT\) required within one year from date of hire into the position\.
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree in Medical Imaging orRadiologic Science from an accredited educational institution preferred\.
- One \(1\) year experience in radiology preferred\. One\(1\) year as a registered technologist performing CT Scans preferred\.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
As an CT/ X\-Ray Technician you are responsible for operating and providing high quality computerized tomography and X\-ray to patients in a safe manner for the purpose of diagnosis and/or treatment of anatomic and physiologic disorders\. Technologists will also be trained on various patient care activities such as performing vital signs, EKGs, wound care, orthopedic splinting and other duties as assigned\. Diagnostic Imaging Supervisors will act on behalf of the FSED Nurse Manager to provide oversight of clinical skills, QAs, competencies, etc\. Must present self in a professional manner, work well with a multidisciplinary team, have good communication skills, and adhere to KRMC's policies and Vision Statement\.
- Performs CT scans and X\-ray following evaluation of thephysical condition of the patient\.
- Adheres to KRMC Radiology department policies andprotocols\.
- Prepares exam rooms, equipment, materials and staffaccording to protocol\.
- Validates physician orders, confirms patient ID,reconciles order if needed, confirms site/side, screens forpregnancy, assesses patient, assumes responsibilityfor the patient's well being, and conducts proper patient hand\-offs\.
- Greets patient pleasantly, introduces self, confirmsidentification and explains examination procedure to the patient\.
- Prepares patient for procedure, positions patient andchecks positioning\. Prepares equipmentfor procedure to be administered\. Operates the equipment\.
- Monitors patient condition on the computer, documentsand alerts physician as needed\.
- Starts IVs and administers contrast media as directed bythe physician\.
- Completesappropriate documentation as prescribed by the department and for qualitycontrol activities\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details —
Provide safe compassionate care\. We promise to answer the call of every person we serve; to know them, care for them and ease their way\. We are committed to safety, compassion, respect, integrity, stewardship, excellence and collaboration\.
Located in sunny Tri\-Cities, WA, Kadlec is the largest non\-profit healthcare provider in the region\. Kadlec is the premier choice for customer service excellence, providing compassionate healthcare to the region by combining cutting\-edge technology and innovation with evidence\-based, patient\-focused care\. Kadlec is proud to be part of Planetree \(Planetree\.org\) and continues to be recognized nationally as a "Best in Class Employer"\. Kadlec does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, age, color, religion, national origin, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Law\. EOE\.To learn more, click here: http://www\.kadlec\.org/careers/about\-kadlec
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Diagnostic Imaging
Req ID: 154129