Providence is calling a Payroll Specialist to Providence Health & Services in Renton, WA.
We are seeking a Payroll Specialist to process payroll data to produce complete and accurate payroll checks.
In this position you will:
- Audit automated time cards in accordance with payroll policies, State and Federal Wage and Hour Guidelines and labor contracts.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of pay practices and payroll guidelines.
- Process automated time collection system data as needed.
- Prepare and process retroactive pay adjustments.
- Review payroll audit reports and make adjustments to ensure the accuracy of each employee's paycheck, deductions and earnings record.
- Review, prepare and distribute deduction payments as needed.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School Graduate or GED equivalent and additional education and training in clerical, bookkeeping and payroll practices.
- Minimum of 2 year of payroll processing experience using a complex automated time and attendance system, or an equivalent combination of education and payroll experience.
- Proficient in use of computers including spreadsheet and word processing.
- Proficient in use of 10-key.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 4 or more years of payroll processing.
- Experience processing payroll for multiple entities and locations.
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Finance & Accounting
Req ID: 151702