Providence is calling a Program Manager, to join the Information Services (IS) Portfolio and Project Management Office (PPMO) team in in Renton, WA.
The Program Manager, will be responsible for managing a number of projects beneath a common objective supporting a program at PH&S and Swedish. This position will work collaboratively with leadership, intake and governance teams as well as IS groups required to deploy IS services. The Program Manager is the primary point of contact between executive leadership and the resource managers of all IS teams and is responsible for engaging executive leadership and communicating the progress of the program. The Program Manager is also accountable for working with and facilitating processes to accomplish complex program objectives, managing change and resolving issues that span project teams and departments by planning, organizing, directing and supervising program activities in a cost effective and productive manner to achieve customer satisfaction. This position relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variables.
In this position you will:
- Develop projects within a program in alignment with the organization's strategic plans and objectives.
- Build support to influence decisions in order to ensure work toward common objectives.
- Manage client expectations for timelines and deliverables from request through the project lifecycle.
- Develop and gain sponsor approval for the growth and expansion delivery dates.
- Develop root cause analyses and process improvement plans.
- Maintain all program artifacts.
- Identify, deliver and document organizational, application and human workflows that contribute to policy and procedure updates throughout each project if applicable.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree plus eight years experience in information technology, project management, healthcare administration or clinical field required.
- Ten (10) years experience leading large, diverse and complex projects.
- Expertise and experience with Project Management methodology based on project management principles.
- Experience in incorporating process improvement methodologies into large scale projects; Certifications in process optimization such as Six Sigma, Lean, CQIA or other nationally recognized certifications preferred.
- Experience facilitating complex decisions making among multiple executive stakeholders with different interests and priorities is essential.
- CAP, Workout and Lean education required as soon as available or within the first two years on the job.
- Skilled in strategic planning, program management, group motivation, discipline and diplomacy.
- Experienced in vendor/contract management and negotiations.
- Ability to coach and mentor colleagues.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly understand and align with an organization, its structure and priorities.
- Demonstrated success managing other project managers, project portfolios and/or multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated experience in business development and/or strategic and tactical planning and execution including marketing, communications and financial planning.
- Demonstrated experience as a speaker in a professional presentation environment, such as conferences and association meetings.
- Demonstrated experience managing the process of design, development, integration and/or implementation of software products or facilities.
- Experience developing and implementing benchmarks and metrics in support of improved quality and process design.
- Ability to understand business or clinical strategies and plans, and their relationship to organizational strategies.
- Ability to utilize special equipment such as telephone and personal computer equipment; software including business applications, electronic medical record, practice management, financial management, project management and reporting. PC peripherals and other office or AV equipment such as digital projectors, fax, scanner, copier and others
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Masters degree in a related field.
- Project Management Professional designation (PMI) Certification.
- Passion for leading successful projects
- Experience leading technical projects of various degrees of difficulty through teamwork
- Project Management Certification through the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or a program recognized by the Project Management Institute (local or national group)
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation certification
- Experience with creating and presenting executive level PowerPoint Presentation
- Experience with operational and capital project budgeting
- Fluent in MS Project
- Experience with Visio
About the department you will serve.
Providence Health and Services - Information Services (PHS IS) is the organization responsible for delivering technology solutions and support to Providence, Swedish, and aligned providers and clinics. The organization is critical for Providence to drive toward common clinical and administrative processes, best practices, superior quality outcomes, a common brand and user experience, and affordability. IS is a service community fostering healthcare intelligence and care transformation. IS delivers responsive, reliable, innovative results that help Providence be where patients want their care, where people want to work, a source of community pride, and a place others want to join.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Project & Program Management - Non-Clinical
Req ID: 143133