Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Research Associate I \(1\.0 FTE, Day shift\) to work in the Thoracic Surgery Group at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA\.
The Research Associate develops and conducts clinical research studies and projects in support of better patient care and treatment options\. The position supports the SCI Thoracic Surgeons and study outcomes are shared at international conferences\. Several databases are managed and the work focuses on benign foregut disease, pleural\-based disease, and surgical procedures\.
In this position you will:
- Collaborate with the Research Scientist in the design of state\-of\-the\-art research projects that can successfully compete for funding by either federal funding agencies or commercial sponsors\.
- Perform literature searches in support of grant applications\.
- Assists with developing research methods and budgets for grants and performing pertinent analyses for grants preparation\.
- Take initiative to identify and research problems; strategize with the Research Scientist and/or Principal Investigator on solutions to problems and takes corrective action for effective solutions\.
- Performs statistical analysis and maintains complete documentation for all analysis\. Created data tables summarizing results for analysis\.
Required qualifications for this position are:
- Bachelor of Science Degree required
- Graduation from medical school, graduate school or other research professional program with documented research training
- At least 2 years research experience
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Medical Doctor \(M\.D\.\) or Doctoral degree in Physical Sciences \(Sc\.D\., Ph\.D\.\), Master of Science \(M\.S\.\) or Master of Public Health \(M\.P\.H\.\)
- Proficiency in SAS, STATA, EpiInfo, and SPSS statistical software\.
About the First Hill Campus\.
The 697\-bed tertiary\-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health\-care system\. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington state and houses a Level III neonatal intensive\-care unit\. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Research
Req ID: 150236