Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Line Cook \(Per Diem, Evening Shift\) to work in the Cafeteria at Swedish Cherry Hill in Seattle, WA\.
Promotes the mission of Swedish by participating as a vital member of the
Nutrition Services team by preparing food products utilizing basic and advanced cooking techniques, standardized recipes, and plating guidelines in meeting production schedules in accordance with health, safety, and sanitary procedures\.
In this position you will:
- Be responsible for processing food items, ensuring proper utilization, storage of food and supplies
- Be responsible for maintaining the orderliness and cleanliness of equipment, supplies, and work areas
- Take orders from customers and expedite in an organized and timely manner
- Perform related tasks as required
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school education or GED
- Professional food preparation experience
- Current State of Washington Food Permit
- Must possess basic baking skills and the ability to prepare both convenience pre\-packaged items, as well as fresh items from scratch
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Demonstrate professional ability to safely and accurately operate a variety of food service equipment
About the Cherry Hill Campus
What is now known as the James Tower at Swedish/Cherry Hill Campus was home to the first hospital in Seattle, established in 1877 by the Sisters of Providence, a Catholic charity\. On July 1, 2000, the 385\-bed tertiary\-care center previously known as Providence Seattle Medical Center became part of the Swedish health\-care system\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Food Service
Req ID: 144345