Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Security Officer \(0\.9 FTE, Day shift\) in Security at Swedish Ballard in Seattle, WA\.
The Security Officer provides a safe and secure environment for the patients, visitors, staff and property of Swedish Medical Center\. Due to the continuous public contact of the position the highest level of customer service skills is essential\.
In this position you will:
- Conduct random patrols of Swedish Medical Center property
- Respond to and investigate security incidents
- Report safety hazards
- Appropriately document actions and observations made during the shift
- Respond to alarms and codes
- Routinely engage in stressful situations and at times may be required to use physical force to maintain the safety of the patient care environment, and also may be required to run, climb stairs, carry people, or perform other physical acts in response to emergent situations
- Engage in a wide range of customer service activities involving direct contact with patients and visitors, providing directions and helping people find their way
- Regularly use computers to write reports and logs and tomonitor security cameras and access control systems
- Will be required to work on multiple campuses based on staffing needs or the needs of the department
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school Diploma or GED
- Valid Washington State Driver's license
- Insurable driving record as determined by Swedish Hospital Services insurance provider
- Minimum one year related civilian or military security/law enforcement experience
- Customer service experience and/or training
- Basic computer skills
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Associate's Degree or equivalent
- Basic Security Officer Certification through International Association of Healthcare Security within 9 months of employment
- Certified CPR or completion within 30 days of hire
- Successful completion of TASER© training and certification within 9 months of employment with annual re\-certification
- Healthcare security experience
About the Ballard Campus
Swedish's Ballard campus maintains its strong ties to the Ballard community and fosters a team\-oriented work environment\. The Ballard campus has an active obstetrics program and a full\-service Emergency Department\. It is the site of Swedish's Addiction Recovery Services — one of the few hospital\-based drug\- and alcohol\-treatment programs in Seattle\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Security
Req ID: 147651