Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Registered Nurse Navigator \(1\.0 FTE, Day shift\) to work for the Swedish Heart and Vascular Administration at Swedish Cherry Hill in Seattle, WA\.
The Registered Nurse Navigator is responsible for serving as a consistent resource to support optimal care delivery for coronary and structural heart patients\.
In this position you will:
- Works collaboratively with providers and clinics to assure a smooth transition of patients during pre\-admission, hospitalization, preparation for discharge and outpatient services to achieve the best possible care plan
- Assist with monitoring the identified care delivery best practices and collaborate with the clinical team to identify and implement care redesign to improve clinical outcomes
- Navigate and coordinate major aspects of care delivery, using appropriate skills for patients in need of information, education and resources
- Manage referrals, communicate patient information to all providers, schedule appropriate evaluations and follow\-ups, and manage database to track all relevant patient information and activity
- Develop/update policies and procedures specific to Nurse Navigation
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing Baccalaureate degree \(BSN\) from an accredited school of nursing required, with a focus on cardiothoracic surgery patient care
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Three years experience as a Registered Nurse in cardiac surgery
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Ability to understand Cardiac Cath, ECHO, Stress Testing, Cardiac CT and other cardiac related diagnostic testing
- Five years experience as a Registered Nurse in cardiac surgery
About the Cherry Hill Campus:
What is now known as the James Tower at Swedish/Cherry Hill Campus was home to the first hospital in Seattle, established in 1877 by the Sisters of Providence, a Catholic charity\. On July 1, 2000, the 385\-bed tertiary care center previously known as Providence Seattle Medical Center became part of the Swedish healthcare system\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Case Management
Req ID: 141650