Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Medical Administrative Specialist \(1\.0 FTE, Day Shift\) to work in the Family Medicine Clinic at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA\.
The Medical Administrative Specialist is responsible for providing support for office functions of registration, billing, finance, and referrals; preparation of clinic and provider schedules; preparing statistical reports for clinic and residency program\.
In this position you will:
- Build and maintain provider and clinic schedules in New Innovation, Mysis and EPIC as applicable
- Prepare Quarterly, Biannual and Annual reports for clinic and residency program
- Assures timely ordering and stocking of office supplies within budget guidelines
- Supports Medical Records Department by reviewing and scanning documents as needed
- Check patients in upon arrival for appointments; scan insurance card, verify patient demographics and insurance information
- Escort patient to exam rooms as needed
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Medical Administrative Specialist training or three to five years equivalent work experience in related field
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in a healthcare related field
- Certification as a Medical Administrative Specialist
About the First Hill Campus\.
The 697\-bed tertiary\-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health\-care system\. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington state and houses a Level III neonatal intensive\-care unit\. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Patient Services
Req ID: 152310