PHYSICAL THERAPIST II- PROVIDENT HOSPITAL
Job Number: 00119310
Job Posting: May 18, 2017, 1:19:00 PM
Closing Date: Jun 2, 2017, 12:59:00 AM Full-time Shift Start Time: 8:00 A.M. Shift End Time: 4:00 P.M.
Collective Bargaining Unit: SEIU Local 73 Posting Salary: STARTING SALARY: $34.002
Organization: Health and Hospital Systems
Location: Provident Hospital / Physical Therapy Department
Shift: 8:00AM - 4:00PM
Under the direction of the department director, physical therapy supervisor, or assigned supervisor, the Physical Therapist II will provide the following services: evaluation and screening of patients who have been referred for evaluation and treatment plans, organizes specialized treatments, treatment of complex patients with multiple diagnoses in the outpatient and inpatient divisions, and supervision and training of staff and students as delegated. The Physical Therapist II will have excellent written, verbal, and nonverbal communication skills with patients, patient's care givers, students, and other healthcare professionals/affiliates.
Must have a Bachelors Degree or higher in Physical Therapy from an American accredited college or university, or foreign Physical Therapy program recognized by the State of Illinois for PT Licensure
Must have a current Illinois Physical Therapist license OR be eligible to sit for the state board exam with confirmation letter (Must provide proof at time of interview. Continued employment dependent on obtaining Illinois licensure)
Must have a current CPR certification (Must provide proof at time of interview)
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
- To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
- Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
- Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, Are you a Military Veteran?
- Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11). Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Deferred Compensation Program
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
For further information on our excellent benefits package, please click on the following link: http://www.cookcountyrisk.com/
MUST MEET REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION
*Degrees awarded outside the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
*Please note all offers of Employment are contingent upon the following conditions: satisfactory professional & employment references, healthcare and criminal background checks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successful completion of a physical and pre-employment drug screen.
*CCHHS is strictly prohibited from conditioning, basing or knowinglyprejudicing or affecting any term or aspect of County employment or hiring uponor because of any political reason or factor.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER