Job seekers, recently scammers have been targeting job boards to create fake accounts. If an employer contacts you and ask for personal information or set up a Yahoo account, please disengage and contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Medical Assistant works in the Clinic setting with Nurses, FNPs, and Physicians and is responsible for patient intake and assisting with patient care as needed .Â Â
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Patient intake to include greeting, registration, insurance verification and processing charges/billing.
2. Completes blood draws, vital signs, injections and other health care tests as necessary
3. Drug screen collection, may include billing of occupational accounts
4. Order entry/retrieval of patient data via computer
5. Assists with filing, phones, scheduling appointments, collection of monies, faxing and creating new patient files.
5. Promote Hospital and assist with customer/patient services at area health fairs.Â Â Â
2018 © American Public Health Association