Job seekers, recently scammers have been targeting job boards to create fake accounts. If an employer contacts you and ask for personal information or set up a Yahoo account, please disengage and contact email@example.com.
Operates radiologic equipment to make clinical diagnostic X-ray films as directed by physicians. Performs routine diagnostic procedures and may be required to function as a Medical Assistant as needed.
Positions patients and adjusts equipment for taking X-rays following established procedures. Instructs patients regarding procedures. Observes patient's vital signs during examination.
Follows prescribed safety standards in operating radiologic equipment.
Maintains accurate radiology records as directed and logs all procedures completed. Processes routine paperwork and files reports.
Selects length and intensity for radiation exposure by adjusting equipment on individual patient basis.
Examines radiologic film for properties such as density and contrast, definition, magnification and distortion.
Develops and processes radiologic film. Delivers film to radiologists for reading/ interpretation.
Maintains examination rooms. Stocks necessary medical and radiologic supplies.
Cleans and makes minor adjustments to radiologic equipment. Schedules routine maintenance. Develops and monitors an ongoing QI program with targeted QI aspects of care to be reported on a routine basis. Ensures department compliance with OSHA.
Participates in training employees in equipment operation, patient movement, and quality assurance.
Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requeste
Enhances professional growth through education programs, conferences, and workshops.
12. Follows the CHRISTUS Physician Group guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
13. Maintains strict confidentiality.
14. Uses oral and written communication skills to effectively convey ideas in a clear, positive manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS Mission.
15. Maintains established CHRISTUS Physician Group policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control.
16. Implements job responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS Mission and Code of Ethics and supportive of CHRISTUS Physician Group's cultural diversity objectives.
17. Supports and adheres to CPG Service Guarantee.
18. Performs other related work as required.
Completion of course in radiologic technology approved by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
One year of experience as a radiologic technologist preferred.
Current state licensure and certification (ARRT) with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists. Current CPR certification.
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.