Job seekers, recently scammers have been targeting job boards to create fake accounts. If an employer contacts you and ask for personal information or set up a Yahoo account, please disengage and contact email@example.com.
Director of Respiratory AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
Location Address:2600 Bruce B. Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel, Florida 33544
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
From state- of- the- art equipment to the most intricate building details, Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel was designed from the ground up to maximize healing, patient care and wellness
Recognized as leader in patient satisfaction and was named Top 100 Hospital in Modern Healthcare Magazine by IBM Watson Health
50,000 sq ft community Health & Wellness Center
Comprehensive women’s health center named Inspiration Place that incorporates female physician specialists, women’s imaging, pelvic floor and female physical therapy and a boutique spa.
Consistently named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay by the Tampa Bay Times
Opened an offsite 24 bed, 24/7 emergency room in Central Pasco to better serve the emergency health needs of residents in west and central Pasco
Full time days
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Management and supervision of day to day operations with the help of designated staff.
· Liaison with all divisions hospital-wide.
· Performs duties in a timely manner and provides updates if delays occur.
· Demonstrates respect for co-workers and develops positive working relationships with other departments.
· Liaison to Medical Director for CMS oversight of Respiratory Care procedures.
· Maintains a professional appearance and manner and adheres to the Advent Dress code standards.
· Helps ensure a safe environment for guests and staff.
· Respects patient privacy, confidentiality and dignity.
· Demonstrates excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills for a diverse population.
· Communicates respectfully, openly, honestly and directly.
· Promotes the hospital image and maintains a helpful attitude towards nursing, physicians, patients, visitors and the community to enhance the Hospital’s reputation as a health care center and leader in medical care.
· Assists Finance in developing, evaluating and maintaining a department operating budget using historical data, trends to project revenue, expenses and productivity.
· Determines capital budget needs based on equipment conditions, system design, and market developments to ensure necessary resources for provision of high quality patient care services.
· Manages department resources (time, materials, and staff) and services in a cost-effective manner adhering to budget constraints while guaranteeing quality services. Uses vision ware as a tool for budget management and staffing.
· Evaluates, recommends, and implements cost reduction and productivity measures using performance improvement and benchmark data.
· Identifies, review and prioritizes opportunities to improve organization efficiency and effectiveness through the use of technology and automation.
· Analyzes daily, weekly and monthly financial reports and productivity data to ensure positive financial performance of the respiratory care department.
· Reviews staffing patterns, census and acuity of nursing units to ensure staffing is consistent with patient needs and budget.
· Appropriately aligns staffing to maximize quality and productivity.
· Translates goals and objectives of the department into effective work operations, encouraging and supporting employees to achieve these goals.
· Collaborates with hospital management, professional staff and department/unit staff to promote effective communication and cooperation to ensure patient needs are met.
· Oversees development, initiation and compliance to departmental Performance Improvement program.
· Monitors departmental outcomes, measures progress and intervene where necessary in order to achieve compliance with internal and external standards, guidelines or measures.
· Achieves and maintains compliance with regulatory agency standards including state, federal and the DNV.
· Maintains and completes required reports, including budget, plan of work, reports of accomplishments, and other documentation as requested and needed for department effectiveness.
· Assesses, designs, implements, and evaluates patient care policies and procedures to achieve cost containment and improved patient outcomes.
· Evaluates patient care protocols using principles of evidence-based practice to establish and/or improve practice guidelines.
· Ensures departmental and hospital compliance to patient safety and satisfaction with department products and services.
· Creates and implements a strategic plan that positions respiratory therapists into key roles as providers of patient care therapy, resulting in high quality, high values, and cost effective patient care.
· Assesses department status against industry standards, and creates and implements a long-term strategic plan, incorporating market advancement and trends.
· Monitors pertinent healthcare trends, develops insights and identifies business opportunities for new programs and services.
· Fosters the development of professional partnerships.
· Prepares necessary support to influence or develop pertinent regulations that influence the organization’s mission and strategies.
· Directs the development and review of all department promotional materials used for marketing or responding to pertinent issues in the media.
· Represents the organization on pertinent committees of scientific and professional groups.
· Mentors department staff in presenting and/or publishing articles, abstracts, or results of research studies in professional journals or at professional meetings.
· Collaborates with corporate teams, state and national health care professionals, and professional organizations via information exchange, benchmarking tools and attendance at national conferences.
What You Will Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· A.A.S. degree from an accredited Respiratory Therapy Program upon hire
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Respiratory Therapist and2 years management or supervision experience in a Respiratory or Cardio-Pulmonary department upon hire
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Master’s of Science in Respiratory Therapy degree, Healthcare Administration or related field
· Five (5) years management or supervisory experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current state license (RRT) upon hire
· Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or RQI upon hire
· Current American Heart Association ACLS certification or RQI upon hire
· Current American Heart Association PALS certification or RQI upon hire
· Current NRP certification upon hire
· 8 hours Hip and Knee Replacement/Spine Education within 6 months of hire date, then annually
Using independent judgment, the Director of Respiratory Care organizes, develops, directs and supervises all aspects of respiratory therapy to include the coordination of services with leads of Pulmonary Lab and Pulmonary and Cardiac Rehabilitation. He/she is involved in performance improvement and adheres to all current applicable federal, state and local standards, regulations, and guidelines. The Director of Respiratory Care oversees staffing and scheduling, department productivity, payroll, performance appraisals, department charges, proper documentation in the electronic record and orientation of all therapists to assure the highest degree of quality care is rendered at all times. The Director of Respiratory is required to have effective leadership and supervisory skills, along with good communication skills for effective interdepartmental relationships and to assure patient, physician, staff and facility needs are met. This position has significant responsibility to drive the program from a clinical outcomes and referral success standpoint. There is a clear expectation that the Director of Respiratory Care will develop strong relationships with physicians and other referral sources. The Director of Respiratory Care is responsible for monitoring financial and budgeting concerns for respiratory services in the hospital. It is the philosophy that ongoing clinical competence requires regular clinical practice. Appropriate activities include rounds with physicians and staff, attendance of appropriate meetings and provision of direct patient care if needed. Staff development and improvement of clinical skills for clinical team members is also a priority in this position. The Director of Respiratory Care is responsible for all educational activities for the staff and any policy and procedures changes or implementation of new strategies and/or process improvement in Respiratory Care, while acting as a clinical resource and role model.
Internal Number: 21000984
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.