**NOTE: This position is eligible for education reimbursement (EDRP)**
This position is organizationally aligned in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Service (PMRS) under the Compensation & Pension section at the Richard L. Roudebush VA Medical Center. The incumbent of this position will provide psychological evaluations for Veteran's for Veteran's who have applied for Compensation and Pension (C&P benefits through the Veterans Benefits Administration.
- Evaluating Veterans for the presence and severity of mental disabilities.
- Reviewing available medical records and other evidence contained in the claims file.
- Conducting mental health assessments using a structured, diagnostic clinical interview.
- Performing and interpreting appropriate psychological testing.
- Upon completion of the assessment, preparing and submiting a report to the Veterans Benefits Administration through the Compensation and Pension Record Interchange (CAPRI), or other information technology as needed.
- Rendering opinions that are supported by facts, current literature, and sound professional reasoning.
- Seeking or performing additional consultations and testing as appropriate.
- On occasion and in response to inquiries from Veterans, VISN, VA Central Office, Congressional offices or other involved parties, review, investigate and prepare written correspondence as required.
- Developing and maintaining excellent working relationships with physicians, supervisors, service chiefs, patient representatives, management, and VBA personnel.
- Working in a collaborative, professional, and productive manner with other team members in the C&P department as well as staff from other departments and disciplines within the VHA and VBA in order to meet the goals of the C&P program at the Indianapolis VAMC.
- Participating and contributing to the Peer Review Process and Quality Improvement activities to increase the efficiency, accuracy and utility of C&P examinations.
- May serve on Medical Center, or VISN committees at the Chief of Staff's request.
- Adhering to guidance issued by VHA, VBA and the DMA as relayed by the Chief of C&P.
- Adhering to service standards regarding matters of timeliness accuracy and compliance with procedures, as well as quantity and quality of work produced.
- Apprising the Chief of administrative matters, significant occurrences, and problem areas, with recommendations for corrective measures, that should be brought to the supervisor's attention.