Job seekers, recently scammers have been targeting job boards to create fake accounts. If an employer contacts you and ask for personal information or set up a Yahoo account, please disengage and contact email@example.com.
Find your path in health care. Banner Health is committed to not only providing the finest care possible, but to advancing the way care is provided. To achieve our vision, we seek out professionals who embrace change and who possess the passion and skills to make it happen. Apply today.
As the gateway to Arizona's dramatic high country, Payson offers four-season recreation. This land, where the Ponderosa Pine forest meets desert canyon country, offers sparkling lakes, and scenic mountains. Ride horses in the morning and fly-fish in the afternoon, and once the first snow falls, strap on your skis and find a trail for cross-country skiing.
As a Sterile Processing Technician at Banner Payson Medical Center,
you will be responsible for the proper care and handling of all general and specialty instruments including cleaning, decontamination, instrument identification, assembly, packaging and distribution, preparing order requests for replacement parts, sterilization of surgical instrumentation, and more! This position is a benefit eligible full time and 40 hour a week position. Shifts will be Monday-Friday from 8:00 am-4:30 pm with no weekends or Banner Holidays.
Banner Payson Medical Center is the largest community health care provider in Arizona's Rim Country and remains committed to making a difference in people's lives by providing the highest quality of care to the residents of Payson and the many surrounding communities. A full-service health care facility, the 24 bed hospital offers extensive services including cardiopulmonary/respiratory, emergency, intensive care, imaging, labor and delivery, laboratory, surgery and rehabilitation. Banner Payson Medical Center also offers an array of outpatient services and specialty clinics including OB/GYN, urology and podiatry surgery, general and orthopedic surgery, family medicine, outpatient imaging, bone densitometry, diagnostic x-rays, ultrasound, mammography, nuclear medicine, nuclear cardiac stress testing, CT scans, MRI, pulmonary function testing, EEG, infusion center, plus rehabilitation therapies.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for the proper care and handling of all general and specialty instruments including the cleaning, decontamination, instrument identification, assembly, packaging and distribution, and sterilization of surgical instrumentation.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Decontaminates, assembles and packages all instruments following established protocols as well as perform necessary repairs, reassembles and stores specialized surgical instruments. Prepares all order requests as necessary for replacement parts for instruments and additional equipment as necessary or upon request of physicians.
2. Maintains a clean and safe environment by adhering to Standard Precautions and Infection Control practices. Staff will don proper Personnel Protective equipment (PPE), follows protocols for decontamination process referencing Instructions for Use (IFU) supplied by the manufacturers.
3. Identifies instruments for all specialties and assures proper function. Follows protocol for repair or replacement of instruments that are not functioning properly. Assembles and packages all instrumentation and sets according to dept. protocol. Utilizes equipment according to the manufacturer's recommendations and hospital policy.
4. Operates steam autoclaves, ETO and Gas Plasma sterilizers. Maintains appropriate logs and records relating to the sterilization process, including the Ethylene Oxide Aeration Records, Sterilizer Load Records, and Biological Monitoring Records.
5. Responds to problem calls from the Operating Room and performs preliminary investigation. Determines priority level of instrumentation and equipment requests and other hospital needs. Directs services in a competent and professional manner while assuring OR priorities are completed in a timely manner.
6. Has freedom to determine how to best accomplish functions within established procedures. Confers with supervisor on any unusual situations.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires current national certification as a SPD Technician, Certified Registered Central Service Technician or Surgical Instrument Processor within two years of hire or transfer.
Must have mechanical aptitude with the ability to break down moving parts, clean, lubricate and reassemble, problem solve incomplete trays and missing instrumentation and have effective organizational, communication and human relation skills.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.