Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
Spectacular springs throughout the county
Full Time Nights 40 Hours Per Week, 3p-11p. 30 Minute Call Required. 3x12 or 4x10 available.
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Maintains proper body alignment of the patient when assisting with positioning patients for procedures.
· Utilizes proper aseptic and sterile technique, and appropriate personal protective equipment.
· Utilizes aseptic technique in preparation of sterile supplies and maintains the sterile field at all times. Assists with monitoring all members of the team for aseptic and sterile technique compliance.
· Monitors and reports variances in standards of practice utilizing the chain of command in a timely manner.
· Adheres to AORN Guidelines in maintaining cleanliness in the work area.
· Ensures all equipment is in working order and appropriately and timely reports and/or corrects deficiencies with equipment or the operating room environment. Removes malfunctioning equipment/instruments per policy.
· Proactively participates in the safe procedure review process.
· Adheres to policies regarding handling and removing of bio hazardous materials.
· Adheres to the surgical count procedure per policy.
· Demonstrates competence in scrubbing with and assisting the physician by utilizing appropriate priority-setting skills and anticipating the surgeons needs during routine and emergent procedures. Works efficiently to provide prompt access to sterile items.
· Adheres to the Surgical Attire (Dress Code) in Sterile Invasive Procedure and Instrument Processing Departments policy.
· Appropriately precleans instruments at the point of use for terminal sterilization.
· Serves as an advocate for their patients' safety and comfort.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High school Diploma or equivalent;
· Graduate of an Accredited Surgical Technologist Program
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· One year experience as a Surgical Technologist preferred. Will accept new graduates of an accredited program.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· CST certification obtained through the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) or Tech in Surgery - Certified (ST-C) obtained through the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) / BLS
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
LIVING OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear. We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards.
All team members will be held accountable forconsistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
KEEP ME SAFE
I make safety my number one priority.
I protect privacy and confidentiality.
I keep my environment clean.
I follow the dress code and wear my badge correctly.
I treat others with uncommon compassion.
I nurture whole-person care through CREATION Health.
I treat others with fairness and respect.
I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
MAKE IT EASY
I help guests to their destination.
I speak highly of others to provide connected care.
I collaborate to create solutions, not excuses.
I innovate and continually seek ways to improve our work.
I am positive and aim to exceed all expectations.
I follow through on commitments.
I use discretion with personal devices.
I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank)
Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
· Code of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook
Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
· Demonstrates proper aseptic and sterile technique
· Assists in preparation of case carts for the next day as needed
· Surgicount and count policy adherence
· Hand Hygiene
· Blood and Blood Products Retrieval
· Isolation Precautions
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of AdventHealth and its facilities.
The position, as a member of the surgical team, provides support to the surgeon and other members of the surgical team in performing surgical procedures in an environment that adheres to perioperative standards and provides for optimal patient safety.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.