Lab Assistant Centralized Core Lab - New Rates of Pay
Akron Children's Hospital
Location: Akron, Ohio
Internal Number: 5228
About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org .
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Full Time, Four 10 hour shifts, Primarily 2:00pm to 12:30am with a weekend and holiday rotation
The Lab Assistant receives and processes laboratory specimens and performs various types of phlebotomy and basic testing procedures.
Responsibilities: 1.Maintains integrity of specimen by correct identification of patient and labeling of specimen.
2. Performs various types of phlebotomy procedures.
3. Performs tasks efficiently and prioritizes work appropriately
4. Orders tests listed on a physician scrip into the Lab Information System.
5. Received and processes laboratory specimens.
6. Performs limited number of basic testing procedures with accuracy and precision.
7. Other duties as required.
Technical Expertise 1. Experience in phlebotomy or as a lab assistant is required.
2. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
3. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
5. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is preferred.
Education and Experience 1. Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required. Graduate of an approved medical assistant and/or phlebotomy program is preferred.
2. Certification: None
3. Years of relevant experience: 0 to 2 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: