Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org .
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Full Time, Days
This is a hybrid work-from-home, work-in-office position. The ability to work from home may change per business needs.
Summary: The Operational Excellence Leader is responsible for developing the hospital's improvement systems which utilize internal talent to improve quality outcomes, enhance patient and family experiences, streamline operations, and improve financial impact.
Responsibilities: 1. Work with hospital leadership team to ensure that yearly initiatives are aligned with strategic goals.
2. Make and coach key improvements based around commonly understood goals.
3. Enable the organization to make the improvements around the commonly understood goals.
4. Responsible for coaching improvement methodologies, tools, projects, and Lean design.
5. Provides oversight and guidance to Lean Six Sigma Green Belts, A3 projects, Lean design, Strategy Deployment, Kaizen, Daily Management Systems, and Operational Excellence training.
Technical Expertise 1. Experience in Lean Six Sigma/Operational Excellence principles and tools are required.
2. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software.
3. Minitab or other statistical software experience preferred.
4. Change engagement experience preferred.
Education and Experience 1. Bachelor's degree in related field is required Master's degree is preferred.
2. Certification: Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification is required or expected to be completed.
3. Experience in leading and transforming organizations using Lean Six Sigma/Operational Excellence principles is required, 5 to 7 years is preferred.
4. Experience working with all levels within an organization.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: