Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org .
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Summary: Performs general radiographic/fluoroscopy examinations as well as operation of mobile x-ray units in all areas of the ACH facilities. Assist Radiologist with special procedures and train and supervise the affiliating students.
Responsibilities: 1. Performs all radiologic procedures to produce high quality imaging for diagnostic purposes according to protocol and age specific needs.
2. Performs clerical duties in RIS, PAC, and hospital computer systems as required.
3. Provides coverage to other Radiology positions in the department as needed.
4. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the physical, psychological, social educational, and safety needs of the patients served regardless of age.
5. Directly supervise and assist affiliated radiography students.
6. Follows all QA/QC guidelines for all equipment.
7. Other duties as required.
Other information: Technical Expertise 1. Experience in general radiographic/fluoroscopy examinations preferred.
2. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
3. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
4. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Experience in RIS, PACS, EPIC or other related software is preferred.
Education and Experience 1. Education: [Graduate of an accredited school of Radiologic Technology required. Registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists required.
2. Certification: Radiologic Technologist licensure is required. Certified to practice in the specific state of employment. Basic Life Support (BLS) AHA certification is required.
3. Years of relevant experience: Minimum of two (2) years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: