Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org .
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Part Time 20 hours a week one (8 hour shift) and one (12 hour Shift) weekends and holidays rotation
Summary: The Burn Technician assesses and implements patient care as directed by the Burn Center Nurse for pediatric and adult patients in accordance with departmental standards of care and practice.
Responsibilities: 1. Contributes to the assessment and evaluation of the status and immediate care needs of the critically ill pediatric or adult burn/wound patient in collaboration with the Burn Center RN.
2. Functions within limits of standards set forth by State Emergency Medical Services Board, Department, and Hospital.
3. Coordinates and implements care for assigned patient within scope of practice.
4. Provides direct care, performs procedures and assists with procedures/treatments with attention to detail, accuracy, patient comfort, and safety.
5. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the physical, psychological, social, educational, and safety needs of the patients served regardless of age.
6. Other duties as required.
Other information: Technical Expertise 1. Experience as a paramedic is required
2. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required
3. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
4. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience 1. Education: High School Diploma or equivalent is required
2. Certification: Emergency Medical Technician/Paramedic licensure is required. BLS certification is required. PALS, ACLS, and ABLS certification required within 1 year of employment.
3. Years of relevant experience: 2 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: None
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: