Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org .
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
24 Hours per Week
Rotating Weekends and Holidays
3:15pm - 11:45pm
Summary: The Housekeeping Specialist performs preventative cleaning procedures necessary to maintain the facility in an orderly, sanitary and attractive condition. Responsible for the safe pick up and transportation of all infectious, solid and recyclable waste from holding areas to the incinerator, compactor or storage areas. Supports the mission and vision of Akron Children's Hospital.
Responsibilities: 1. Is Responsible for the daily cleaning of floors in corridors and other assigned areas. Hard Surface Floor Care: able to apply and/or remove floor finish on hard surfaces, uses mechanical side-by-side floor scrubber. Able to run variety of Scrubbers and other floor care equipment. Demonstrates knowledge of department policies and procedures
2. Demonstrates knowledge and efficient use of cleaning techniques, solutions, equipment and tools. Ability to use the correct chemicals, supplies and tools needed for the task performed.
3. Waste Removal: Transports hazardous waste, solid waste and recyclable waste in a safe manner from the point of origin to approved holding areas.
4. Is responsible for extraction of carpets and project cleaning of walls, lights, windows, etc.
5. Maintains high standards: works steadily at efficient pace, achieves high QA scores.
6. Patient and Guest relations: Adheres to all hospital and department standards for patient and guest relations, promotes a positive image of Akron Children's Hospital.
7. Terminal & Cycle Cleaning: cleaning of walls, lights ceilings.
8. Regular Cleaning Duties: relocates beds, boxes and other equipment, cleans stretchers, exterior of refrigerators and microwaves, cleans shelves/cupboards and other general equipment, maintains equipment and work areas, responds to emergency request, observes notes and reports potential safety issues of facility improvement request to management or the Engineering Department.
9. Maintains equipment, tools and storage areas in clean, orderly and good operating condition. Respects Hospital and Company property.
10. Other duties as required.
Other information: Technical Expertise 1. Experience in hard surface floor care and carpet cleaning is required.
2. Experience in demonstrating mechanical aptitude to detect equipment malfunctions for safety to self and others is required.
3. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
4. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
Education and Experience 1. Education: High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
2. Must be able read and understand signs, warning notices and work instructions as well as complete necessary work forms.
3. Certification: None.
4. Years of relevant floor care experience: 2 - 3 years is preferred.
5. Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: