Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org .
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
7pm-7am, M-F, Variable
The Registered Polysomnography Technician is responsible for performing routine polysomnographic and electroencephalographic testing for the Children's Hospital Sleep Center of Akron.
1. Responsible for performing comprehensive polysomnographic testing and analysis, and associated interventions under the general supervision of the Sleep Lab Coordinator and/or the Sleep Center Medical Director or designee.
2. A Registered Polysomnography Technician provides guidance to a polysomnographic clinical student.
3. Performs routine and intermediate level polysomnograms in an accurate and timely manner.
4. Display pattern recognition abilities which extend to evaluating the normal and abnormal patterns common to each physiologic parameter, as well as assessment of various sleep stages, possible effects from medications, age related changes, and patterns which are specific to the parameter evaluated.
5. Provide accurate, complete, timely documentation for each procedure performed and maintain necessary records.
6. Practices proper care, usage, and maintenance of polysomnography equipment.
7. Provides training and guidance to Pediatric Sleep staff.
8. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the physical, psychological, social, educational, and safety needs of the patients served regardless of age.
9. Other duties as required.
Other information: Technical Expertise
1. Experience in a Sleep Disorder Laboratory is preferred.
2. Pediatric sleep laboratory experience is preferred.
3. Strong problem-solving skills are required.
4. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written are required.
5. Experience working with various levels within an organization is required.
6. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
7. Experience in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
8. Other software related to sleep studies is preferred.
Education and Experience
1. Education: Graduate from an accredited program for polysomnography with a license to practice in the state of Ohio is required.
3. Must have obtained and maintain Basic Life Saving (BLS) certification.
4. Membership in the American Association of Sleep Technologists (AAST), preferred.
5. Must be registered in sleep technology by one of the following organizations American Board of Sleep Medicine (ABSM), National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC), Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (BRPT) or another organization that offers an equivalent examination accepted by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) or have relevant working experience in a sleep laboratory.
6. Years of relevant experience: Minimum of three years of experience is preferred.
7. Years of supervisory experience: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: