Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org .
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
12 hours/week 7 AM - 7:30 PM
Summary: Receives, places and transfers telephone calls. Communicates with other departments within the Hospital plus outside agencies.
Responsibilities: 1. Performs record organization and transcription of orders by completing necessary forms and requisitions.
2. Staff may be temporarily assigned to an area throughout the Akron Children's Hospital enterprise, based on patient needs requiring similar knowledge and skill.
3. Other duties as required.
Other information: Technical Expertise 1. Ability to prioritize and multi-task utilizing sound judgment.
2. Must have good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
3. Experience working with all levels within an organization is preferred.
4. Experience in healthcare is preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology required.
5. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience 1. Education: High School graduate or equivalent with basic verbal and communicative skills.
2. Certification: Heartsaver AED required within 90 days of employment.
3. Years of experience: None
4. Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: