DMC Harper University Hospital has distinguished itself in surgery and medicine and is known for its clinical expertise and innovative research. A specialty referral hospital, Harper has established Centers of Excellence in neurosciences, bariatric surgery, vascular services, multidisciplinary cardiovascular services, hypertension, stroke prevention and heart failure.
Under general supervision and following established policies and procedures, performs diagnostic CT exams utilizing appropriate imaging equipment.
- Verifies patient identity and reviews patient's medical record for appropriateness of exam or procedure.
- Interviews patient to obtain, verify or update medical history and assesses risk factors such as medications, pregnancy and/or psychological indicators.
- Explains procedure to patient, including side effects of pharmaceuticals administered, risks, benefits, alternatives and follow-up.
- Sets up equipment and acquires appropriate images as per script.
- Reviews images, makes initial observations, documents exceptions from established protocols and communicates data to radiologist.
- Recognizes and responds to medical emergencies as appropriate.
- Provides physician-prescribed post care instructions to patients.
- Participates in process improvement activities within radiology practice including but not limited to quality of care, patient flow, reject-repeat analysis and patient satisfaction.
- Provides imaging education to residents, student technologists and new employees.
- Able to take call/standby as required by the department.
- May perform the duties of a Radiologic Technologist, as needed.
1. Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) in Radiology (R) or Computed Tomography (CT) preferred.
2. Required to have or successfully complete American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support - Healthcare Provider (BLS) training by end of orientation period.
3. One or more years of experience as a Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) in Radiology or advanced certification in Computed Tomography (CT).
If Other Shift, Specify: 20 hrs per pay period min.,rotational weekend, 1 holiday/yr
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
About DMC Harper University/Hutzel Women's Hospital
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.