The NJ Department of Children and Families (DCF), Office of Research Evaluation and Reporting (RER) has an opportunity for a Research Scientist 3 to conduct or participate in research projects or developed programs in a specified professional field.
This position will provide technical and administrative support for RER’s research and evaluation-related projects. Anticipated tasks of this position include:
* Support the design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation projects across the Department using qualitative and quantitative methods.
* Assist in the coordination and management of monitoring and evaluation teams consisting of both research and programmatic staff.
* Review, summarize, and communicate findings from relevant scientific and national literature related to research, monitoring and evaluation projects.
* Participate in the design of monitoring protocols and evaluation plans.
* Develop and maintain data collection tools, data collection systems and databases, as needed.
* Maintain analytical files including analytical outputs and tables with monitoring and evaluation findings.
* Participate in continuous quality improvement processes related to DCF programs.
* Create and maintain standardized reports and data visualizations.
* Facilitate data-driven conversations aimed at improving program performance and outcomes.
* Analyze qualitative and quantitative data using software packages such as Excel and SPSS.
* Develop interactive data dashboards and visualizations using Tableau for program partners and stakeholders.
* Collaborate with stakeholder groups to implement research, monitoring and evaluation projects, interpret data and develop recommendations.
* Communicate findings to stakeholders at multiple levels and with various backgrounds through presentations and written products.
EDUCATION: Master's from an accredited college or university in Public Health, Social Work, Psychology or other Social Science field; PhD is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years of experience in a field appropriate to the position.
NOTE: A Doctorate in a discipline appropriate to the position may be substituted for two (2) years of experience indicated above.
SPECIAL NOTE: Successful candidates will have at least two (2) years of experience in monitoring and evaluation of programs or research in public health, child welfare, health services, or related areas. Proven qualitative and quantitative analysis skills. Experience creating data visualizations preferred, particularly using Tableau. Proven track record of delivering accurate, comprehensive results within tight deadlines. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to work well both independently and in teams.
RESUME NOTE: Eligibility determinations will be based upon information presented on the resume only. Applicants who possess a degree from a college or university outside the United States must provide an evaluation of one’s transcripts from a recognized evaluation service at the time of submission by the above closing date. Failure to do so may result in your ineligibility.
SALARY: $68,214.76- $96,960.49
LICENSE: Appointee will be required to possess a driver’s license valid in New Jersey only if the operation of a vehicle, rather than employee mobility, is necessary to perform the essential duties of the position.
RESIDENCY LAW: Please refer to the New Jersey Department of Children and Families’ website at www.state.nj.us/dcf.
COVID-19 VACCINATION/TESTING REQUIREMENT - Per Executive Order 253, all State employees are required to be vaccinated by October 18, 2021 or undergo frequent testing. Please do not submit your vaccination card at this time.
TO APPLY: You must submit a cover letter and resume as a single PDF document, saving all PDFs by your Last Name, First Name to: Job.Posting@dcf.nj.gov
The Department of Children and Families is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering a respectful and inclusive work environment which reflects the diversity of the state we serve.