Location Address:3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
Day One Benefits
Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
Six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
Full Time Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
• Collects blood specimens through venipuncture and skin puncture practices
• Prepares blood samples for laboratory analysis
• Sends specimens to reference laboratories for additional testing, as necessary
• Registration of patients, interprets and orders physicians test requests
• Identifies and bands patients for blood product transfusion
• Ensures pre-authorization and completes appropriate consent forms prior to collection of limited coverage tests
• Maintains proper documentation, including accessioning logs, equipment records, and checklists
• Maintains adequate supply inventories and ensures supplies are viable prior to use for patient collection
• Performs other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
High School education
BLS is preferred
Phlebotomy certification is preferred
Phlebotomy experience is preferred
Collects and processes blood specimens from patients, while adhering to safety policies and compliance procedures.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.