SUMMARY: Under the direction of the CMO, delivers primary care and supervises mid-levels and clinical support staff. Provides continuing, comprehensive health maintenance and medical care to entire families regardless of sex, age, or type of problem. Practices medicine; diagnoses and treats illness and injury; performs minor surgery and completes physical examinations; counsels and instructs patients; provides professional supervision of mid level providers; instructs and educates trainees and/or staff; assists in public relations efforts. Delivers care appropriate for an out-patient, primary care community health center with a multicultural, multilingual patient population and within the scope of his/her specialty and training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides in-service staff training in selected topics as deemed necessary by the CMO.
2. Prepares and reviews medical histories and obtains data through interviews.
3. Maintains detailed, legible and confidential medical records after each patient visit in accordance with established protocols.
4. Codes encounter forms according to time of the visit, procedures performed and pertinent ICD-9 codes.
5. Assists in internal quality control audits.
6. Participates in peer review.
7. Provides supervision in case assignment to mid-level providers, including sign off on charts.
8. Supervises medical assistants and lab personnel in area of specific support services for patient care delivery.
9. Attends internal and external meetings, workshops, and conferences and participates on task forces or committees, as necessary and/or required by the Borrego Community Health Foundation.
10. Performs all duties and services in full compliance with Borrego Community Health Foundation standards of care as well as all policies and procedures.
11. Follows Borrego Health Standards of Customer Service Behavior.
12. Participates in Quality Improvement (QI) Initiatives.
13. Complies with Borrego Health’s Attendance & Punctuality Policy.
14. Other duties or responsibilities as assigned by the CMO.
1. Provides quality care to the patients of Borrego Health, within the scope of practice outlined by state or federal law and understands the organizations commitment to provide high quality patient care.
2. Must be capable of meeting 80% or more of the established productivity standards.
3. Participates in after hour calls as scheduled.
4. Maintains a program of comprehensive health for the family unit, to include preventive medicine, behavioral sciences, and community health.
6. Interprets examination findings and test results, and implements treatment plans.
7. Determines need for consultation and assists in medical care and treatment provided at the direction of other specialists.
8. Follows established guidelines when referring patients out for needed specialty or diagnostic care.
9. Instructs patients in their proper care and treatment alternatives, and instructs/supervises medical support staff as needed.
10. Borrego Health providers are not to leave the clinic site with patients left unseen or untreated unless other treatment/care plans have been established.
11. Meets Borrego Health Clinical Performance Measures (UDS and HEDIS measures).
12. Contributes to BCHF's Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) program, a model of primary care delivery designed to strengthen the patient-clinician relationship, focus on the person and patient self-management and engagement, by providing comprehensive and coordinated care in a culturally and linguistically sensitive manner.