Great careers are built at Banner Health. We understand that talented health care professionals appreciate having options. We are proud to offer our team members many career and lifestyle choices throughout our network of facilities. Apply today, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.??
Banner Medical Group Primary Care offers a customer-focused teams in a friendly work environment and career growth opportunities. You'll work alongside a team of healthcare professionals dedicated to providing patients with a positive experience. ??As a Sr Population Health Specialists, you will support AZ East and West Family Medicine, Internal Medical and Primary Care Providers to achieve quality ACO measures. Active National Medical Assistant Certification is required in this role. Experience with care gaps and ACO measures, electronic record literate and knowledge about physician practice, diagnosis, medications, and medical terminology. The position currently possesses the opportunity to work, full-time, 40hrs wk., 4/10-hour days, with no weekends or holidays.
At Banner Medical Group, you'll have the opportunity to perform a critical role in the community where you practice. Banner Medical Group provides both primary and specialty care throughout the communities in which Banner Health operates. We do this in a variety of settings - from smaller group practices like our Banner Health Clinics in Colorado and Wyoming, to large multi-specialty Banner Health Centers in the metropolitan Phoenix area. We currently have more than 1,000 physicians and more than 3,500 total employees in our group and are seeking others to enhance our ability to deliver our nonprofit mission of providing excellent patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for reviewing, preparing lists, and assisting with the abstraction of clinical documentation from internal and external medical record databases following established guidelines and procedures thus contributing to the overall improvement in the health and well-being of populations. This position will ensure patients receive timely appointments, orders, referrals, and any additional information needed about the appropriate services and resources to help maintain optimal care. This position performs outreach to Banner Medical Group (BMG) attributed patients discharged from an acute care facility to primary residence to ensure they are receiving needed services. This position utilizes specialized knowledge, judgment, and communications skills to assure that patients get the indicated care when and where they need and want it, in a culturally and linguistically appropriate manner.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Manages large complex lists of patient data to identify and close care gaps based on criteria identified through value-based payor contracts and/or from internal sources.
2. Demonstrates leadership qualities in support of department needs and collaborates with various departments, outside vendors, and other departments to assure adequate resources and the proper coordination of efficient patient care management. Participates in staff development, orientation, education and evaluation of applicable competencies. Mentors staff to increase population health, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
3. Utilizes general knowledge/understanding of medical records to review, capture, and report clinical outcomes and quality measures in an accurate and timely fashion. This includes reviewing and abstracting documentation from community organizations, health plans, facilities, specialists, specific portals, and Electronic Health Record (EHR) systems.
4. Identifies areas for improvement based on results of clinical performances. Monitors improvement efforts and provide input on how to meet goals based on trending factors seen within the quality reports. Participate in departmental improvements, Banner initiatives, and performs data collection for measurement of projects.
5. Maintains data integrity through knowledge of department, organization and regulatory indicators, system initiatives, as well as benchmarking standards. Performs document imaging functions as required, including scanning and validation, to ensure scanned images are uploaded accurately into the appropriate electronic health record system(s). Documents accurately and timely all interventions and necessary patient related activities in the correct medical record.
6. Ensures timely care by utilizing approved standing orders to place orders in the EHR to close care gaps. Proposes orders where no standing order exists. Schedules appointments based on patient preference.
7. Performs outreach to patients discharged from an acute care facility to their place of residence to review discharge instructions and to schedule follow-up appointment with their primary care physician if needed. Reviews available information in the EHR ensure the patient has received all information to help in the transition of care. Population Health Specialist must be able to consider physical, cultural, psychosocial, spiritual, age specific, and educational needs of said patients.
8. Interacts with all levels of staff in a variety of departments, including but not limited to physicians, patients, families, and external contacts. External contacts consist of but not limited to employees of outside healthcare institutions, community providers, and multiple agencies concerning the healthcare of the patient.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent knowledge and completion of an approved medical assistant training program as defined by state regulations and two years??? experience or an Associate???s degree in healthcare administration or related field and four years??? experience of performing clinical data review and abstraction following predefined criteria and requirements. Requires knowledge in medical record keeping principles and practices, anatomy, physiology, pathology, medical terminology and classification of diagnoses and operations.
Active Medical Assistant Certification is required. BLS certification required. Active Medical Assistant certification such as: Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) with proof of current membership from American Medical Technologists (AMT) or Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) with proof of current membership from American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) or Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) with proof of current membership from National Health Career Association (NHA) (Test administered after 7/1/2017 only) or National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) with proof of current membership from National Certified Competency Testing (NCCT).
Requires exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Requires the ability to manage multiple changing priorities in an effective and organized fashion. Requires strong computer skills, use of excel tools, and the ability to work with medical software.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.