Senior Research Scientist- Proteomics Innovation Laboratory
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Location: New York, New York
Academic / Research
Internal Number: 65773
$74,263 - $110,000
The people of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) are united by a singular mission: ending cancer for life. Our specialized care teams provide personalized, compassionate, expert care to patients of all ages. Informed by basic research done at our Sloan Kettering Institute, scientists across MSK collaborate to conduct innovative translational and clinical research that is driving a revolution in our understanding of cancer as a disease and improving the ability to prevent, diagnose, and treat it. MSK is dedicated to training the next generation of scientists and clinicians, who go on to pursue our mission at MSK and around the globe. One of the world's most respected comprehensive centers devoted exclusively to cancer, we have been recognized as one of the top two cancer hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report for more than 30 years.
Vaccination for COVID-19 and Influenza (flu) is mandatory for all MSK staff. Staff are considered fully vaccinated upon completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19 (i.e., one dose of a single dose vaccine or a final dose of a multi-dose vaccine series). Exceptions from the COVID-19 and Influenza (flu) vaccine requirements are permitted for those who request and receive an approved medical, religious, or fully remote exemption. Requests for exemption can take up to two weeks to review. Vaccination or an approved exemption is required to start work.
The Proteomics Innovation Laboratory at Sloan Kettering Institute (SKI) in New York City is seeking to hire an expert in mass spectrometry-based proteomics. We aim to recruit a dynamic, innovative and motivated Senior Research Scientist to provide state-of-the-art proteomic expertise to innovate and support projects across SKI. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and executing proteomic experiments, developing LC-MS based proteomics methods and work on cutting-edge approaches (i.e. single cell proteomics, immunopeptidomics, etc). Approaches include, but are not limited to, proteomics, phosphoproteomics, interaction proteomics, targeted proteomics and chemoproteomics. Close collaboration with other scientists to design experiments is required. Expertise in proteomics, data analysis and protein biochemistry, a proven track record in proteomics and knowledge of high-resolution mass spectrometry instruments HPLC systems is preferable.
This role provides an opportunity to join a highly dynamic and interdisciplinary team with opportunities to implement innovative research. The Senior Research Scientist will join a state-of-the-art laboratory with comprehensive expertise in mass spectrometry-based proteomics.
The ideal candidate should have:
* PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology or a related field with a minimum of 3 years of research experience in academia and/or industry in proteomics/mass spectrometry
* Expertise in mass spectrometry-based proteomics, including proteome profiling, PTM, protein-protein interaction, chemoproteomics, etc.
* Experience in targeted proteomics (PRM/SRM) is preferred
* Working knowledge of statistics as it applies to experimental design and ability to conduct data analysis using different software (e.g., Perseus, GraphPad Prism, etc.)
* Experience with a scripting language (R, Python, etc.) is preferred
* Experience with working in an interdisciplinary team of scientists in a highly collaborative environment
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work in a collaborative team environment. Communicate results effectively to a cross-functional team
* Demonstrated ability to critically evaluate data and to think creatively about experimental design
* Track record of methodological innovation
*Record of scientific accomplishments, as indicated by peer-reviewed publications and presentations
* Demonstrated ability to contribute to multiple projects in parallel with learning agility and scientific rigor
* Strong written/verbal communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with scientists working in other disciplines Salary: $74,263 - $110,000.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.