SCRANTON, PennsylvaniaHome Health Registered Nurse
MONTOURSVILLE, PennsylvaniaRegistered Nurse-Clinic Nurse Supervisor-Opthamology
Danville, PennsylvaniaRegistered Nurse Interventional Radiology
WILKES BARRE, PennsylvaniaRegistered Nurse Healthy Beginnings
Geisinger is an integrated health services organization widely recognized for its innovative use of the electronic health record and the development of innovative care delivery models such as ProvenHealth Navigator®, ProvenCare® and ProvenExperience®. As one of the nation’s largest health service organizations, Geisinger serves more than 3 million residents throughout 45 counties in central, south-central and northeast Pennsylvania, and also in southern New Jersey at AtlantiCare, a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award recipient. In 2017, the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and Geisinger Jersey Shore Hospital became the newest members of the Geisinger Family. The physician-led system is comprised of approximately 30,000 employees, including nearly 1,600 employed physicians, 13 hospital campuses, two research centers, and a 583,000-member health plan, all of which leverage an estimated $12.7 billion positive impact on the Pennsylvania and New Jersey economies. Geisinger has repeatedly garnered national accolades for integration, quality and service. In addition to fulfilling its patient care mission, Geisinger has a long-standing commitment to medical education, research and community service. For more information, visit www.geisinger.org, or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our reputation for delivering the best care to every patient, every time, traces back to our ability to create an outstanding work environment for our physicians, nurses and employees.
That’s why, at Geisinger, the caring that we provide to our patients and members also extends to you and your family. Our competitive compensation and benefits package helps you and your loved ones stay healthy, meet your financial goals and thrive professionally and personally.
- We provide you with nationally recognized healthcare at a low cost
- We support your growing and diverse family
- We help you invest in and protect your future
- We help you grow your career
- We encourage you to take time off
- We help you connect with the Geisinger community
Health and medical
We offer a comprehensive suite of healthcare benefits, including medical, prescription drug, vision and dental coverage. And with our healthcare benefits, you’ll also receive care from one of the top innovative healthcare systems in the country.
- Affordable premiums: Our medical premiums are up to 40 percent less than the national average.
- Free labs and low deductibles and copays: Geisinger’s Provider Choice Plan features individual deductibles as low as $500, primary care copays as low as $5 and specialty care copays as low as $25. Our labs and diagnostic services are free.
- Ways to save: We offer many ways to save on premiums and out-of-pocket costs, including lower premiums with our wellness program, lower copays with our mail-order pharmacy, flexible spending accounts and a free drug program.
Our suite of benefits supports you and your family in a variety of ways, including coverage for same-sex or opposite-sex spouses, domestic partners and their children and stepchildren.
- Fertility coverage*: 100 percent coverage for fertility treatments after meeting the deductible.
- Adoption support: Adoption support $5,000 reimbursement for adoption expenses.
- Childbirth education classes: We offer a variety of childbirth preparation classes, breastfeeding classes, and a “baby boot camp.”
- Professional services and legal advice: Concierge access to referrals for child care, elder care and pet care. Free legal guidance for wills, trusts and family law.
- *Not applicable as part of Holy Spirit benefits plan
Retirement and Insurance
We provide generous saving and investment programs that help you achieve your financial goals as well as life insurance to protect your future.
- Retirement plans: We offer competitive employer contributions to your retirement plan.
- Up to $1,000,000 in life insurance: We offer basic life insurance that equals up to two times your salary, capped at $1,000,000.
- Disability Coverage: We offer disability coverage for all employees.
We invest in your professional development from day one.
- Up to $5,000 tuition reimbursement: We offer tuition reimbursement towards both undergraduate and graduate degrees.
- CME: We provide reimbursement for continuing medical education courses for physicians, nurses and advanced practitioners.
- Physician training and education: We advance the careers of our providers through our residency and fellowship programs, medical school and Center for Continuing Professional Development.
- Nurse training and education: We advance the careers of our nurses and providers through our medical-surgical fellowship program, graduate nurse residency program and the Geisinger Nursing Institute.
Your friends and family are important to you, so that means they’re important to us.
- Vacation: Our generous paid-time-off packages allow you to take the time you need to travel, rest, and care for and reconnect with friends and family.
- Paid Holidays: Paid holidays for full-time employees include New Years’ Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day
We provide many ways for you to feel connected to the wider Geisinger community. You can participate in community volunteering activities or join one of our Employee Resource Groups.
- Connect with the community: We provide opportunities for you to volunteer within the local community.
- Connect with your peers: You can join one of our Employee Resource Groups, including Women LEAD, Black Outreach and Leadership Development (BOLD), G-PRIDE and Vet Net.
QUALITY OF LIFE
For Central/Northeast positions:
Geisinger fosters an atmosphere of clinical excellence in an area offering a high quality of life – complete with good schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing and a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The surrounding natural beauty provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, canoeing, hiking and mountain biking. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia or Washington D.C. just a short drive away.
For Western positions:
The State College region offers an outstanding quality of life in a university town environment, including excellent restaurants and cultural activities, and some of the top nationally-ranked public and private schools. State College offers easy access to Interstate-80 and a local airport for weekend getaways to Philadelphia, Washington D.C. and New York City.
Discover for yourself why Geisinger earns national attention as a visionary model of integrated healthcare.
Join the team that America is watching.
David T. Feinberg, MD, who began his tenure as president and chief executive officer of Geisinger Health System last year, said it best: “Practicing at Geisinger is a tremendous opportunity to further your career at an organization that is having an impact on healthcare throughout the United States. America definitely pays attention to what we are doing here, and we welcome the opportunity to set an example as we provide innovative and compassionate care and better serve our patients.”
Geisinger Medical Center (GMC), located Danville, Pa., the largest tertiary/quaternary care teaching hospital in the region, is licensed for 475 beds, including 89 pediatric beds in the Janet Weis Children’s Hospital. GMC, a Magnet Hospital, maintains the region’s only Level 1 Regional Resource Trauma Center with additional qualifications in pediatrics. GMC offers an array of highly specialized medical and surgical services, including neurosciences, cardiovascular services, transplantation, women’s health (in the Women’s Pavilion), oncology and orthopaedics. The Hospital for Advanced Medicine serves as an integrated center for the most critical patients. Outpatient services are available on and off campus.
Janet Weis Children’s Hospital (JWCH), located on GMC’s campus in Danville, is the region’s only dedicated 5-floor, 89 bed children's hospital with a full-service hospitalist program. JWCH’s team of medical and surgical specialists provide care in over 30 pediatric specialties, including high level care with a Level IV C NICU and Level I PICU. JWCH provides medical malpractice insurance with tail coverage.
Henry Hood Center for Health Research (HHCHR), located on GMC’s campus in Danville, Pa. was founded in 2003 and is a comprehensive enterprise that promotes traditional health services and clinical, epidemiologic and translational research.
Geisinger- Bloomsburg Hospital (G-BH), Bloomsburg, Pa., licensed for 72 beds, is an acute care hospital offering patients a variety of primary and specialty care services, a broad spectrum of surgical services, including in-and out- surgery, obstetrics/maternity, behavioral health and a progressive emergency medicine and hospitalist program. G-BH is affiliated with Geisinger-Bloomsburg Health Care Center and Columbia Montour Home Health & Hospice.
Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center (GWV), located in Wilkes-Barre, Pa., is an acute care hospital that is licensed for 274 beds, and houses the only Level II Trauma center in Luzerne County. The campus includes the Frank M. and Dorothea Henry Cancer Center, The Richard and Marion Pearsall Heart Hospital, the Janet Weis Children’s Hospital Pediatric Unit, a transplant program and the Brain & Spine Tumor Institute. Geisinger South Wilkes-Barre is GWV’s ambulatory campus.
Geisinger-Community Medical Center (G-CMC), Scranton, Pa., is an acute care hospital licensed for 297 beds and houses the only Level II Trauma Center in Lackawanna County and Scranton’s only neurosurgery program and adult in-patient behavioral health unit. It is also home to comprehensive cardiovascular and orthopaedic services, as well as a broad range of other surgical and radiological services. The campus is affiliated with Geisinger-Mountain View Care Center, Scranton, Pa., a 180-bed long term care facility.
Geisinger – Lewistown Hospital is a 123-bed acute care community hospital serving the 80,000 residents of Mifflin and Juniata counties and members of the contiguous counties of Centre, Perry, Snyder, and Huntingdon. Established in 1905, the hospital provides inpatient, outpatient, wellness and community services while employing over 1,000 full-time and part-time employees and providing a Medical Staff consisting of more than 150 physicians and allied health practitioners representing specialties ranging from family medicine, internal medicine, and cardiology to infectious disease and general/cardiovascular surgery.
Geisinger-Gray’s Woods, Port Matilda, Pa., is a multi-specialty clinic and outpatient facility offers primary and specialty care, and ancillary services for the Centre County area. The new building includes 70 exam rooms, 16 procedure rooms, an expanded imaging center, laboratory services and an on-site pharmacy.
Geisinger Medical Group (GMG) consists of 43 community practice sites throughout our service area. These office locations provide primary and specialty care. In conjunction with Geisinger Health Plan, the Medical Groups staff offers their own unique version of medical home.
Geisinger Holy Spirit
Geisinger Holy Spirit is a strong and growing healthcare provider serving south-central Pennsylvania. Geisinger Holy Spirit includes its flagship Geisinger Holy Spirit Hospital, a 311-bed Joint Commission accredited acute care facility located in Camp Hill, Pennsylvania. Geisinger Holy Spirit employs more than 2,600 people and has more than 500 physicians and advanced practitioners on its hospital medical staff. Sponsored by the Sisters of Christian Charity, Geisinger Holy Spirit delivers patient-centered care guided by Catholic values and the Ethical and Religious Directives of Healthcare. Geisinger Holy Spirit provides a comprehensive array of both inpatient and outpatient services across the continuum of care, including acute care, home health, emergency medical services, physician practices, and a host of outpatient facilities located throughout south-central Pennsylvania. For more information, visit www.hsh.org, or follow Geisinger Holy Spirit on Twitter and Facebook.
AtlantiCare, a Baldridge Award-winning healthcare system, is renowned for medical innovation and performance excellence, that values and rewards your contributions, and that respects your need for work/life balance and your desire to make a difference. You’ll have it all, here in beautiful southeastern New Jersey, with its pristine beaches, welcoming neighborhoods, and abundance of history, culture, arts, entertainment and recreation.
The MyCode Community Health Initiative is a precision medicine project at Geisinger Health System in which Geisinger patient-participants have consented to donate blood and other biological samples to a system-wide biobank designed to store those samples for wide research uses and for genomic personalized or precision medicine. Currently, there are more than 110,000 participants in the study.
The MyCode Study was launched in 2014 by Geisinger in collaboration with Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. In the MyCode Study, patient-participants have consented to have parts of their genomes read or analyzed – the technical term is “sequenced.” That part of the genome being sequenced in the study is known as the exome — therefore, technical specialists refer to the MyCode Study as a “whole exome study” or “WES” study. The exome is that part of the genome that is responsible for protein coding, which give instructions on the function of a gene. It is the richest target for health and disease-related information in the genome. The information gleaned will contribute to a broad range of research aimed at understanding, preventing or improving treatments for disease. The goal is to help improve health care by finding ways to diagnose medical conditions earlier or before they appear and also to help find new treatments or medications to manage these diseases.
More About the MyCode Study
The Geisinger-Regeneron collaboration in the MyCode Study is the largest whole exome-sequencing* project in the US that 1) is linked to the electronic health records of a single, integrated healthcare delivery system and 2) which makes a commitment to return the genetic results to the research participants.
Geisinger’s genomic research program offers some unique features, including:
- An unusually stable population of three or more generations providing enhanced capabilities for longitudinal research studies.
- Comprehensive electronic health information going back 20 years; enabling research to match gene variants (genotypes) with health symptoms/outcomes (phenotypes) over long periods of time.
- A full opt-in consenting process for participants that meets modern standards for biobanking and genomics.
- Broad permission for recontact with our engaged patient-participant population.
- A commitment to return of clinically actionable**, sometimes life-saving, results to patients, their children and grandchildren.
*The exome is that part of the genome that encodes proteins and is the richest target for health and disease-related information.
**Geisinger has established criteria specifying which findings are ‘clinically actionable’ and reported back to patient-participants.